Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the radiator overflow from MVP but they said it won't work with the stock battery. I like my stock battery and it likes me. Is there alternative locations to mount it?????
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can relocate the battery to the trunk if you don't have a spare tire underneath the carpet.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
you can use any 1.4L or larger container that has a bottom and a top port. It does not need to hold any pressure as the overflow tank is not pressurized.

The bottom port gets connected to the hose from the radiator. The top port gets connected to a tube that goes to the belly of the car - this is the overflow tube.

There are many of these types of containers in JEGS or on ebay.

try these auctions:

200101159931 (top feed, which is nice... they achive the bottom feed right thru the cap just like your stock tank does today)

170103836939 this one is nice because it has a screw top. You will need to drill and tap for another fitting for the feedline on the bottom (or near the bottom)

There's a lot more of them out there. If you get stuck, let me know and I will help you out. There is NO reason to move the battery, that is expensive, time consuming and unless you're speed racer on a single, there is no reason to do it.

Check these links:

I mounted mine on my firewall - but I'm singled. It really doesn't matter where you put it so long as you have the tubing arrangement as I mentioned.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Are there any overflow kits that will fit with stock battery location? this seems like a hassle when getting a FMIC.

i wouldnt know where to start with the ebay stuff. how do oother fmic owners appraoch this?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can use any 1.4L or larger container that has a bottom and a top port. It does not need to hold any pressure as the overflow tank is not pressurized.

The bottom port gets connected to the hose from the radiator. The top port gets connected to a tube that goes to the belly of the car - this is the overflow tube.

There are many of these types of containers in JEGS or on ebay.

try these auctions:

200101159931 (top feed, which is nice... they achive the bottom feed right thru the cap just like your stock tank does today)

170103836939 this one is nice because it has a screw top. You will need to drill and tap for another fitting for the feedline on the bottom (or near the bottom)

There's a lot more of them out there. If you get stuck, let me know and I will help you out. There is NO reason to move the battery, that is expensive, time consuming and unless you're speed racer on a single, there is no reason to do it.

Check these links:

I mounted mine on my firewall - but I'm singled. It really doesn't matter where you put it so long as you have the tubing arrangement as I mentioned.
Thanks Mark,
The HKS one is on the way and I presume that since it has the neccessary ports the only problem will be to find a mounting place. I'll let you know if I run into any difficulties but I am having a "real" shop install my FMIC:) !

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
Yup the 2006 civic one is what I have and it fits right between the battery and windshield fluid resiovor.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts