Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to put a wideband O2 sensor? Should it be located as close to the motor as possible? (like a EGT sensor) Of is anywhere in the exaust okay? Which is best: exaust manifold? Down-pipe? Before/after cat?

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BLK-SP64 said:
doesn't matter...as long as it only get exaust gases through it.
So there is no reason to removing the turbos and exaust manifold, so that you can drill and tap it there? I think I have found my birthday present.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
The closer u can get it to the turbo the better. Mine is 3 inches away. The reason is there will be a lag that is reported vs the rpm u see the a/f in. Up to 300 rpm lag difference when u stick it in your tail pipe.

sid
wideband o2 equipped the diy way..

B

·
0 Posts
unlike Exhaust gas temp. which decreses as it travells down the exhaust.....the amt of O2 in the exhaust stays constant as it moves.

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BLK-SP64 said:
unlike Exhaust gas temp. which decreses as it travells down the exhaust.....the amt of O2 in the exhaust stays constant as it moves.
Cool this is what I thought. But I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It must be placed for the cat, if you have one. Also, any exhaust leaks will cause the sensor to read lean, depending on the size of the leak and the throttle being applied it might not be noticable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts