Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am wondering where you all mount your guages. I have a full line of nexus guages Oil pressure, egt,wide band,boost. I already have a A pillar that holds 2 and i can mount one in the clock hole. Where should i mount my last one. I am not really wanting a 3 guage A pillar if other locations are possiable.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Left side of driver below A/C Vent. Looks nice Leave some space for a Timer or misc component. Drill it to size with a Holesaw.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Ken Henderson has a nice setup for his guages but you will need to custom order the guage pod though. You should look into it I think you will like it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken Henderson has a nice setup for his guages but you will need to custom order the guage pod though. You should look into it I think you will like it.
How do i find pic of this? If its goes in where the passanger air bag goes im out. I do like the idea of under the air vent but i am not much on drilling holes in my nice car.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Left side of driver below A/C Vent. Looks nice Leave some space for a Timer or misc component. Drill it to size with a Holesaw.
Put my turbo timer and HKS EVC 5 there

if anyone wants pictures i can take them

I did it the old fashion with:

1. A metal filer
2. A soldering iron that is old

I melted teh plastic to about the right size and then used the metal file to make it clean as possible

Not the fastest way but easiest for me

·
11,221 Posts
Just buy the 3 a pillar, and put the last one in the clock. I did put a couple of gauges in my glove box at one point (fuel pressure and oil pressure) since I ran out of spaces to put gauges.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess i have to, i just dont want my car all riced out looking with all the guages where everyone can see them like some kind of ricer

·
11,221 Posts
I guess i have to, i just dont want my car all riced out looking with all the guages where everyone can see them like some kind of ricer
It all depends on what the gauges are. If you already have 2 gauges in the a pillar, what's one more?

What's riced out is I see Honda's and Acura's having a pillar gauges that is:
-clock
-voltmeter

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am pretty sure with a 3 pod pillar you probally cant hardley even see the top one let alone get out of the car with out hitting your head on the pod. I just thought i would poast this up to get some options. Too bad they dont make 2 in one guages

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i\I would have thought oil pressure would be important i have heard of the turbo oil lines blowing off and blowing up motors. And it would be nice to know the exact oil pressure to know if something is going wrong in the engine like worn rod and main bearings.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put my turbo timer and HKS EVC 5 there

if anyone wants pictures i can take them

I did it the old fashion with:

1. A metal filer
2. A soldering iron that is old

I melted teh plastic to about the right size and then used the metal file to make it clean as possible

Not the fastest way but easiest for me
I would like to see so i can get a idea of what it looks like

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Im happy with my 3pod A pillar...

EGT
OIL PRES
AFR

and boost in the clock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts