Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have your attention..........

I have a Greddy Air-fuel ratio gauge..The instructions say it needs to run at 700-800 deg.I have a RMM down pipe,still on twins.The kit came with the bung fitting for the o2 sensor that needs to be welded to the pipe.Where is the best location on the pipe to do this.With it needing high temps to operate I figure right at the flange after the turbo.Is this location o.k.??????

Thank for any input.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm interested to see a reply on this post. I have mine mounted about half way down the down pipe (that's where the extra bung was), so I doubt it's seeing 700-800°C. Maybe that's why I get readings of 8:1 @ WOT.:confused:

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Since this type of guage will not provide any truely useful information, you might as well just tap it off the factory O2. There really no point in installing dedicated o2 unless you're using some sort of semi-wide band setup.........other than a good workout.

-Mike

ELMTOYPARTS said:
Now that I have your attention..........

I have a Greddy Air-fuel ratio gauge..The instructions say it needs to run at 700-800 deg.I have a RMM down pipe,still on twins.The kit came with the bung fitting for the o2 sensor that needs to be welded to the pipe.Where is the best location on the pipe to do this.With it needing high temps to operate I figure right at the flange after the turbo.Is this location o.k.??????

Thank for any input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts