Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hella all, just wondering where to put the crossover for my compenent speakers. should i put it in the door? also, for now i would like it to run off the Kenwood P907. is this okay for now. i do have a RF 800a4 but need a couple more stuff for it before i can install it. right now, i just want to install the component speakers in the door cause the stock door speaker is blown and i'm sick of hearing it.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
you can put it in the door just make sure no water gets to it so mount it high

·
651 Posts
I have mine under the passenger seat.

I would recommend putting them there for a couplea reasons..

Frist, all the factory wiring is there from the factory amp and you will not have to re-run wiring to each speaker location.

They won't incur any moisture or humidity installed inside the car so they will stay in pristine condition.

Running new wires to each of the speakers is going to make your job much harder and not in the overall best interest for the crossover.

Tom Kenyon

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thomas, i wouldn't mind puttin the crossover under the seats but there would only be one set of wires for the mids and not the tweeters. that means i would have to run new wire for them... if i were to install them in the doors would be the best way?

T

·
0 Posts
I did mine the hard way i think but for display purposes also. I wired mine all the way to the trunk looks really good and they are out of the way and safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts