Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done installing my Tein coilovers today.
Upon re-assembly, I noticed that this module (?) does not really fit where it used to fit.
Did anyone else have this issue? How did you resolve it? I was thinking of just putting some spacers, but I don't think I'll have enough thread engagement if I try to stack this module on top of them.

Its been a long day of wrenching in the heat & humidity. I started looking for the name of this part through the FSM, but got a papercut and said "to hell with it."

Pic of module (?)

Click Me

Click Me

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you only using one fastener to hold the entire piece?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It is the igniter.

Mine is mounted between the strut and fuse box; it overlaps the fuse box a little bit. I am only using one nut, and only about 2-4 threads to hold it on (mounted on the studs on top of the trd strut bar bracket), and have had no problems so far. Figure out where you want to mount it, then bend the extra bolt flanges up under the enclosure for easier fitment, or cut the extra arms off.

If you relocate it between the strut top and trac pump you will probably have to pull the wires for it out of the little plastic guide thing.

·
Registered
480 Posts
yes i am. was trying to find out if both 7m and 2jz resistor packs are the same. and if they are, i can probebly find one from the junk yard. no one seems to sell em on the forums though lol

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
d0cktor said:
yes i am. was trying to find out if both 7m and 2jz resistor packs are the same. and if they are, i can probebly find one from the junk yard. no one seems to sell em on the forums though lol
There's one guy on the forums who makes them. I was gonna get it from him when I needed mine. I can give you his sn if you're interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts