Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the typical Uego Air fuel ratio meters with teh bosch sensors, my dumb arse only read "after the turbo" to put the sensor at and I had it welded only a few inches after it. I called AEM today, one tech said its ok, I confirmed with others and they said call again. Would you know it, I talked to another AEM tech and now they said 18 inches downstream. What are we looking at?? Weeks compaired to months or months capaired to years for sensor life?? Is it ok to put it before the dump tube on my wastegate if its rerouted to the DP or after or does it matter too?? Its only been a few weeks since I have been running it, little over stock is all I have.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that dosent help, im still asking whats the expectancy of life, and I said if my dump pipe is RE ROUTED MEANING ITS ATTACHED TO THE DP WITH DRILLING AND ALL. Should it be before or after the dump pipe if its attached to the dp, welded. Please read... or does it matter where it sits at downstream beore or after the dump pipe thats attached to the DP. Please read, i know its supraforums. But...

· A Dyno never won a race..
450 Posts
No it dosent matter where you put it before or after the dump tube. Its ideal though to keep it at least 18 inches downstream. Months to years is the best i can see in my crystal ball!!!! Hope that helps. Yeah this place is lame too!

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
14in down stream of the turbo on the dp, not dump pipe, mounted where water cannot collect in the sensor.
dump pipe is irreverent. you want the wideband o2 sensor 14-18in down stream from the turbo on the down pipe. and it cant be on the under side of the dp where water condensation can collect on the sensor.

just because you have ddp doesn't mean there is a special procedure.

life expediency is different for every one since not everyone drives there car the same, has the same amount of power, etc.... you'll know here it goes bad then replace as necessary.

further more the search button could have told you this and was actually just discussed not too long ago.

· Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,695 Posts
My sensor just died after being very close to the turbo at around 400hp. I bought an Innovate HBX-1 heat sink to try to keep the new replacement sensor cooler, since I have no room anywhere else to mount it.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My sensor just died after being very close to the turbo at around 400hp. I bought an Innovate HBX-1 heat sink to try to keep the new replacement sensor cooler, since I have no room anywhere else to mount it.
Yeah, I just got off the phone with this company out of Irvine, Ca. yesterday. I was about to buy one and give the tech my CC number untill I asked him how much it keeps cooler than not having one. I told him mine was near the turbo too. He quoted "Its not a miricle worker and it wont help you one bit if the sensors that close!!!!" I thanked him for his honesty. Shit, you would think it would work for a hun shipped though. I know this forum keeps posts up for years, post back and let us know how it works for ya from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.