Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to add an oil pressure guage and don't know the best place to tap the sender to. Normally you tap where the oil filter and stock sender are, but there is no way I can see to tap into.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am trying to add an oil pressure guage and don't know the best place to tap the sender to. Normally you tap where the oil filter and stock sender are, but there is no way I can see to tap into.

Thanks for the help.
Insane, I was about to post the exact same question. Just bought a Nexus set and need a place for either 1/8" npt or 1/4" npt for oil pressure.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
IS Banjo bolt FTW.

·
doin alright, thanks ;-)
311 Posts
The best idea is to buy a Greddy oil filter relocation kit, which already has the taps in it. $150, and takes 30 minutes to install. That way you can change your oil 5 times faster too. Best mod I ever did.

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
use the sandwich plate is more easiest way.

·
Anyplace, Anytime
613 Posts
I just did this, I have a 94 also. I ordered the bolt that goes right into the block next to the oil filter housing. On our sub 96's that bolt is closed on top, you have to order a 97-98 the sensor threads right in. Someone above posted the link to what the bolt looks like. Its easy with barely any oil spill, one bolt out one bolt in...

good luck

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
wouldnt you be able to use the existing hole that used to feed the 2nd turbo (for us single guys?)

i dont really know cuz ive never done this, but i thought id throw it out there
I think this should work just fine. Good idea BTW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts