Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to tap for the rpm read out for the window switch???? I tried tapping into pin #58 like the avc-r instructions but it is not working. Please Help!!!!

Thanks,
Long

J

·
0 Posts
Coming out of the ECM to the Tach is a backwards signal if you will. The Turbo car only runs 12volts pulsed to ground for a tach signal exact opposite of all other Toyotas and other vehicle that is why it didn't work. Tach boxes and shift lights typically work off frequency and usually work regardless. Anyway, the black wire with white trace coming out of the ignitor (a 4 wire connector) is the source for the DLC1 connector tach signal under the hood. At the ignitor is probably an easier place to run the wire to and make a clean splice since it is out in the open up on top. The ignitor is the black box on the driver side shock tower with the little flip up lid on one of the connectors (12 pin) and a 4 pin connector next to it (where the blk/wht wire is found).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Looking from the front it's the first one on the left in the row closest to the front of the car. Under the cover it's call IG- All I did was solder a male terminal to my wire and put in the IG terminal of the diagnostic port for the shift light. Worked perfect.

·
Registered
337 Posts
supra400hptt said:
Looking from the front it's the first one on the left in the row closest to the front of the car. Under the cover it's call IG- All I did was solder a male terminal to my wire and put in the IG terminal of the diagnostic port for the shift light. Worked perfect.
This will work perfectly for a windows switch as well, I have mine hooked up to the IG port.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried using the ign port but it didn't work for me. I used a light bulb for the test. Reved up but the light bulb didn't turn on. If I stick a screw driver into the on pill to join it, light bulb turns on. Do you guys think it might be the window switch it self or the on pill?

Thanks,
Long

1 - 8 of 8 Posts