Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching all day trying to figure out where would be a safe place to weld the bung for my AEM UEGO o2 sensor. I currently have a RMM downpipe and was thinking of putting the bung towards the bottom of the downpipe but was scared road debris or water can damage it but I also dont want the sensor to close to the turbos due to the heat. My questions to you guys is where did you mount your o2 sensors? If you have any pictures to show exactly where that would be great but if you can explain it that is awesome as well.

Thanks
Avedis

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks greatly appreciated

·
The "Tactileneck"
1,168 Posts
it's better to but it closer to the turbo to get a correct reading:)
While this is true, you will burn your sensors out faster and they will begin to read incorrectly. (Depending on how close you go, but you didn't specify)

Read the directions, every 02 sensor out there recommends roughly 12+" away from the turbine housing. The farther you go the leaner it will read, not by much though. If you have one 12" away and another at the end of the pipe, the one further downstream will always read slightly leaner.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
While this is true, you will burn your sensors out faster and they will begin to read incorrectly. (Depending on how close you go, but you didn't specify)

Read the directions, every 02 sensor out there recommends roughly 12+" away from the turbine housing. The farther you go the leaner it will read, not by much though. If you have one 12" away and another at the end of the pipe, the one further downstream will always read slightly leaner.
This is correct but in the AEM manual it states to put it 12 inch but recommends to put it 36 inch if your EGT is 800C+ at any time or if your car is turbo charged. Now if you were to do it 36 inch away you would be some where near the bottom of the downpipe and it will be open to road debris and water which will also increase the chances of your o2 sensor dying on you or getting damaged enough to give you wrong readings.

·
Blue Thunder
3,431 Posts
I got an RMM and UEGO. I'll get you pics.

B

·
Registered
942 Posts
I went with the 36 inches from the exhaust outlet (= 30 inches from turbine outlet) as the manual states. I figure it is shielded by the downpipe itself against debris damage since its on top, and i'm sure it can handle a little water. (don't really drive in the rain anyway)

* Note: i am single though (running a bpu downpipe), so i don't know if this will work (be far enough down the line) for the twins.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks like a good idea actually...Do you think that can be welded on without having to remove the the downpipe? The reason why I don't want to remove it is because it was a head ache to put on.

·
The "Tactileneck"
1,168 Posts
That looks like a good idea actually...Do you think that can be welded on without having to remove the the downpipe? The reason why I don't want to remove it is because it was a head ache to put on.
How else where you planning on installing it?

That's why I said 12+" in the other post... That means 12 as a minimum there guy.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
Do remember is that it ought to be at a 12 o'clock position... so I think that to do it safely, it is best to remove it and then to make sure it clears the body.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
mines like 8'' away fro turbo

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
^^^^ mine is just about the same distance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts