Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenario:
95 TT 6spd with only 23k, completely stock until 22k 1. Down pipe 2. Catback 3. BCC 4. Boost/EGT gauges. I've beaten NSX, 300zx, 3000gt, S4, SS, and WS6 Ram Air - I'm sure some mildly moded.

Problem:
My multi supra owner friend says my car doesn't pull as hard as his 6spd did. Basicall same mods,
except he had a k&n filter. I usually run 100 octane, have the stock plugs, see about 1.1 bar and hottest EGT is 640 (at the top of the DP). Sometimes it does seem a little sluggish to me.
I am open to any ideas or suggestion. Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Take it to the track. As long as you trap 115+ mph
with the mods you list you are in range. On the other
hand(23k mile '95 6-speed?) maybe you should drop
it off at my house for thorough testing. I'm sure I could
track down the problem in 3 or 4 years. :)
Wayne

W

·
0 Posts
ocd - Chances are, that 100 octane is slowing your car down like a mofo, making it run way too rich, especially with only 16 pounds of boost... Next time, go to about a quarter tank with the 100 octane, and fill the rest up with 93, and see how it pulls.

You also should regap those stock plugs, if they're at the stock gap. Stock gap is too big. Gap 'em to .036 at least, .033 if you want to be a little more sure (mine were gapped at .027 with the stock turbos, though I ran a lot more boost than you).

Also, comparing your car to your bud's... Does he run exactly the same boost? If he runs even a little more, it makes a difference.

-Pete

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Pete and Wayne. I'll try to re-gap the plugs.

Wayne, FYI I came across this car last year. I was very lucky that day.

Thanks again;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts