Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm needing one pretty quick. The only problem is, is that

1: I don't know which size to get. K&N has a billion different sizes and everytime I call a place to make an order they say I need a part number???

And 2: I need it pretty quick and don't want to wait 3-5 days for shipping.

Does AutoZone carry these or other places? I'm in the Dallas area and my mechanic is letting me use his for the time being until he's officially done with my car. I called Horsepowerfreaks but they said call back when I get a Part Number. I just need those regular 3" Conical Filters. You know the ones that are bigger at the base and then taper down.

Or if anyone has any ideas on an Intake for the JDM Engine, I'm all ears.

·
11,219 Posts
Autozone sell them shitty ones. They are like $20 a piece. I wouldn't trust them though.

You can go for a K&N one. Tell me what you need and I'll get you a part number.

I need:
1. diameter of the hole
2. length of the filer
3. diameter of the "top" (furthest away from maf)
4. diameter of the "base" of the filter (closest to maf)
5. whether you want the length to be the same throughout, or have a cone shape (gets bigger at the base and smaller at the tip, or vice versa).

---------

I noticed you are a 97 (OBDII), why do you need a 3" hole? Our MAF is 2.5".

·
11,219 Posts
Here's a few:

RX-4990

RX-3900-1

This is prob the cheapest of them all:
RU-3570

--------------------

Can you give me more details why you need a 3" intake? Cause I have a 3" intake from a TT I'm dying to install into my car.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^What do you have in mind, Urban?

Actually I just need a Filter for my JDM TT. I just know that the K&N's are pretty good. But I'll call you up Kean, if your open tomorrow and if not I'll call you monday. Thanks guys.

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
just call any shop, or if you have a shop near you go to them. get something in the fields of k&n. best bang for the buck. just dont get pep boys filter. i had one my friend gave me. i put it on my bmw 325 i and swear it decreased the power.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ebay, 3inch cone air filters from bomz, they fit for a cheap fix. not quick though, i bought 30 of them for 8.00 a piece when i had my performance shop, but they never hurt my car. the regular price is, i forget but it was cheaper than 20.00 dollars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts