Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the component that dings when you have the key in with the door open, and dings to notify you to fasten your seatbelt?

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Go back and read your thread title from a different perspective! I thought to myself WTF, then I saw it was from the world famous Mr. Lange, so I knew it was legit ............................................then I read the thread and thought oooooohhhhhhhh the Dinger.
Krazy Ken has your answer!

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
catch2nd said:
could it use the same speaker for the "hey you left your key in the ignition idiot" beep?
One and the same. :)

I do realize my title makes it look like I'm a total n00b, lol, but what else do you call it? It dings, heh. For my Corolla I call it the warning buzzer, because it buzzes, it only makes sense to call it the same thing for the Supra. :p

EDIT: I know where the contact/sensors are, I want to know where the actual dinging assembly is, I want to put it into a different car that has a buzzer, the dinging is less annoying, yet still useful.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw that, wasn't sure if that was actually it, or just the relay for it (don't really know why it'd need a relay...)

I'll look into it further.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Found it, you were right... it was in the integration relay.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TRD White Comet said:
Ding? Always considered a "beep"..... :dunno: :)
Ding, ding, ding. :p

Yeah, it's more of a beep. Who cares... :freak:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
Ding, ding, ding. :p

Yeah, it's more of a beep. Who cares... :freak:
weird... mkiv's ding.. mk3's beep.. corollas buzz :freak:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SupraTico said:
Year thing.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
hahah I could only imagine. "ding ding you idiot, you're f'ing lights are still on", "Fasten your damn seatbelt dipshit".

·
92 TURBO
1,001 Posts
SupraTico said:
^ Maybe the price of the car determines whether you got a DING, BEEP, or BUZZ.

I like the sound of the chime unit in my Acura best. < least annoying. It actually has chime bars mounted on grommets above and below a plunger which strikes them just like a door chime set-up in your house.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SupraMikeCT said:
^ Maybe the price of the car determines whether you got a DING, BEEP, or BUZZ.

I like the sound of the chime unit in my Acura best. < least annoying. It actually has chime bars mounted on grommets above and below a plunger which strikes them just like a door chime set-up in your house.
It was year and price based. The newer Corollas (AE101, 93+) have the same dinging as the MKIV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts