Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
You don't want that. Garbage.

Just buy a pneumatic cooling system pressure tester and a compression tester.

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
The Block Tester is a viable diagnostic tool. I would prefer using one that has a pressure manual squeezable bulb rather than one that utilizes the engine vacuum to provide the necessary suction.
Goto NAPA or Autozone and ask for their "Block Tester" http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...r&categoryDisplayName=Tools&_requestid=621413

For these to work properly, drop the coolant capacity in the radiator about 1/4 the amount to avoid sucking coolant into the test unit. Make sure the vehicle have reached operating temperatures and the thermostat is fully opened.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts

and

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
Not debating Degree. The tools pictured are great and viable diagnostic tools in their own right, and what most should consider having in their tool chest.
However, the OP inquired about a Block Tester". Hence, I opt to provide I think some valuable and relative information.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Not debating Degree. The tools pictured are great and viable diagnostic tools in their own right, and what most should consider having in their tool chest.
However, the OP inquired about a Block Tester". Hence, I opt to provide I think some valuable and relative information.
I just don't like putting anything in my engine that isn't oil or coolant.

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I just don't like putting anything in my engine that isn't oil or coolant.
a block tester introduces no fluids to the coolant. it sniffs out Hc from the coolant vapors of which it sucks through the blue fluid , turning it yellow if it fails . the vacuum line just uses the engine as the pump , instead of hand pumping the the bubble .

to the OP , use the line from that goes from the intake manifold , to the brake booster

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
didn't some company make an entire vacuum line kit for the 7m? They used to be on SupraSport but now it's a universal kit.

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
hey kro781, next time you see pepboys just keep on going! lol jp but i dont see why so many people take off the nice coilpack covers and stuff. it just looks bare without them

·
Registered
137 Posts
didn't some company make an entire vacuum line kit for the 7m? They used to be on SupraSport but now it's a universal kit.
hose techniques has one, i think. i just bought the amounts of hose i needed according to the bible and they sent it to me. they called and clearified the order and had to ask a manager about ordering some legnths that were shorter than the minium but no real problem

Kev

after seeing ngk only makes blue i am digging out my coil pack cover

·
7m love... dont hate.
2,571 Posts
the block tester imo is the best tool for checking blown hg's. you can sometimes have good compression with a small leak and still have heat/coolant lose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts