Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which new liter bike would your choice be. i'm in the market for one and can't decide. i have a 04 600rr i'm selling.

pick between

1000rr
gixxer 1000
R1
RC51

if anyone else has other opinions besides those bikes let hear umm.....

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jaxx said:
how about learn to ride that 600 to the limit first on the track?

how about that wasnt my question and how do you know how much experiance i have. chances are i have more track time and more total miles on a bike then you. the 04 has 18k miles on it.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
ZX10 would be my choice....but out of the ones you listed...GSXR

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Larrabee said:
1000rr
gixxer 1000
R1
RC51
out of those selections, the gsxr1000 would be my weapon of choice...at the same time, i am being bias because i ride one for the track and commute.

my old bike was a honda cbrF4i and to stay loyal to honda, i was tempted to go with a 1000rr for a new bike but ergos and comfort just wasn't happening for me. when i sat on the K5/K6 gsxr1000, it just felt like a glove and extremely comfortable. it actually reminded me of the F4i...comfort wise at least. power wise, its a whole different story.

for some reason, i was never really too fond of the R1. maybe because they look too damn perfect.

as for the RC51, i'd only buy that to turn into a track bike. my friend had one and it wasn't the friendliest bike for commuting. but on the track, the RC51 is stable as hell. keep in the the RC51 is becoming or is already obsolete with the upcoming of the big 4 new bikes taking over...R1, GSXR1000, 1000RR, and ZX10R.

can't really go wrong with any of the big 4. its all in taste and style.

oh, and gsxr1000s rock!

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
The GSXR...hands down. Hell if for no other reason than cost. Shit earlier this year you could leaver the dealer with a GSXR 1000 for less than the msrp of an R6...much less the R1.

Otherwise I would have suggested the RC51 because I'm a twin-fan...but RC's are starting to become as numerous as GSXR's. No, if I were picking up myself a new ride it would be an RSVR or a NERA.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Honda 06 1krr was supposed to be updated. More pow pow and less wieght. I just found them uncomfy. I really like RC51 bikes as the scream Vtwin and have power down low but its not for everybody. R1 - It's uncomfy too with hot seat in the summer and heat blast on your legs. But it proves a little helpful in the late night commutes when your freezing your ass off. Powerwise its there. Just like most other bikes bogs 1-5k and scream mid to high.
I don't know dude. I'm a HUGE suzuki fan as my old bike was a zuk. but the 1000k5 looks didn't do it for me. I'd wait till 07. but power. oh its there.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Z07 said:
:dumbass:
GSXR The fastest four letters on the planet :D

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
ZX-10R/GSXR-1000.

EDIT: What kinda bullshit is this? I typed in upper case and it turned them to lowercase. :rant2:

EDIT2: Now it didn't do it. WTF?

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
OOBE said:
ZX-10R/GSXR-1000.

EDIT: What kinda bullshit is this? I typed in upper case and it turned them to lowercase. :rant2:

EDIT2: Now it didn't do it. WTF?
I'M RUNNING WITH SCISSORS LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!

·
Registered
190 Posts
A friend of mine just bought a new ZX-10r. I humped it right in front of everyone. The thing is bad, that would be my first choice, then the suzuki.

·
always watching
362 Posts
go sit on all of them and whichever one is more comfortable get. they are all, great bikes. I have a 05 1000rr and love it but I have ridden a 06 gsxr and zx 10 haven't gotten my hands on a r1 yet but have ridden a older one. my honda has the smoothest power delivery and feels the most user friendly but the gsxr and zx 10 aren't too bad either. I'm not too big on the gsxr's looks right now. just not my thing. the kawi's a good lookin bike. really its all about personal taste and how you fit on the bike cuz they are really close is all other aspects.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
I'm not digging the whole styling of the new ZX10-R.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
^ditto...kawasaki's lost their knack of building visually appealing rides. All teh new ZX's = the ugliage...

·
Papichulin
305 Posts
ZX-10r

·
Registered
603 Posts
The Gixxer is the only choice. And I've ridden all of the above. The zx10 lacks the high speed stabilty that the gixxer has.

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 42 Posts