Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For use with an AEM, for allowing maximum possible boost on pump fuel.

What is the best kit on the market for meeting this objective, and why?

Thanks

Syed

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The ones from CoolingMist.com are extremely nice. The SMC and Snow Performance kits are also nice units. There's actually a nice tunable feature of the Cooling Mist unit.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the info Hua.

How about users of Derek's meth kit? Recommend it? Would you buy again or something else instead?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
After I bought Derek's kit, I sold it. It's a brown box with a pump, and ziplock bags with random parts inside. It took a long time to receive mine from Derek as well.The guy that runs coolingmist.com is an active sponsor and member over at nasioc.com

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Snow performance is a very nice kit. I would recommend that as the turbo mustang and f-body guys have been using it for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
I do a kit that works extremely well in conjunction with the AEM. It uses an injector nozzle for very precise control of the methanol, along with good atomization. It can be setup to automatically raise the boost, timing and trim the fuel only when methanol is actually spraying into the engine. It is not the cheapest kit out there, but the parts are VERY high quality stuff from FJO. PM or email me if you have any questions or want more information.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Snow Performance kit is in the lead for my $$$ at the moment, sounds very impressive. Anyone using it on a Supra?

John, emailed you.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I am using the snowperformance with my AEM. It works great. I have it coming on at 8psi and ramps linearly. I like the kit. Great customer support.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
I have been using Dereks kit almost 2 yrs...I love it. Johh also took two sensor wires and hooked it into my AEM...works like a champ.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello

You can’t go wrong with a kit from David at Coolingmist; the kit is very good quality and run well together with my AEM. David that runs Coolingmist is indeed a very helpful guy and is keen to respond when one is having a question. The last kit I ordered came 3 days after my initial request and I’m living in Denmark, Europe!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
damn, i was planning on getting a kit from Derek but i don't want to pay and then have to wait a couple of MONTHS before i get the kit. now i'm looking at the cooling mist kit. which kit should I go with if i'm BPU.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
your second link doesn't work and the kits from alkycontrol are fucken expensive ($450+). i think i'm gonna go with cooling mist or derek (if he can get his stuff together).

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
also, how do you adjust those 1-25psi sensors? is it like a BCC where you check the voltage or something?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
My SMC is a nice kit.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
damn i don't know why i didn't see this before but coolingmist has a kit (http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?feature_key=Turbo_kits)
for $225 on sale right now. is there anything else that i might need if i get this kit? sounds like it has everything. btw i'm bpu if it matters.
Syed Shah: sorry to hyjack your thread but i hope some of my questions got answers that you needed as well.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
damn, thats exactly what i don't want. he sounds like a cool guy, i wonder what's going on. well, what about this coolingmist kit for $225?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I`m sorry i miss read your post.I thought you wanted the best kit .Apparently you want the cheapest and should be on the right track.
I ran a standard SMC kit for 2 years ,then a progressive for a time after.
I`m currently building my motor after a boost spike,no idea why ,of 32 lbs at WOT at the track, i won , no consolation.
You too will experience the joy of building your motor if you cheap out on the meth kit.Everyone who owns a kit will streach the limits of it and pay the price eventually.Only race gas at the track from now on and if i ever get another kit it will only be alky control ,i`ve seen the pumps and kits and it is 1st rate.Buicks who really started meth almost exclusively use Julio`s alkycontrol kit ,and no i am not related or recieve anything from him ,just the facts,often lost on this forum,happy motoring!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts