Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new battery and was thinking of going with an Optima Red Top, because it's at costco for ~99 bux... Which batteries does everyone use Optima (Red,Blue,Yellow), Interstate, Die Hard?... and does anybody know of good prices on their batteries?...
btw, I have a Die Hard and it's got a bad cell now, don't know how old it is but probably 4-5 yrs...

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
If you've got the cash, I would go for an Optima Redtop. They are great batteries.... I've had mine for 3+ years now and never had a problem once with it starting. Its started for me on the first crank after sitting in the snow over winter break (over a month) last year. I've also been big into car stereos and it has powered my equipment without any problems so far.

As for the Hawker jtanner mentioned, thats a good battery as well if you're into the weight reduction side of things. I believe the battery is only around 9-10lbs as well. :cool:

CraigK

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
I used Diehard Gold at Sears. Comes with a 3 year warranty. If it goes bad, they will replace for free. It's $70 I think.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Optima yellow top.... time for a new one. Not driving the car right now but it's dying in my heated garage!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Had a 3 month interstate that was drained by leaving my hid's on... charged it up and it never held charge more than 3 days.
installed optima blue top with no problems so far.
Vic

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
Battery choice

In the Supra,

Optima Blue Top- model 34M (starting battery, not deep cycle)
Case is dark grey
Weight 38.4 lb
Price $110.00

I :hail: Optima Batteries. (at least blue and yellow ones, I've read some bad things about red tops) I have a yellow Top in my daily driver and it's great too. 4 years later and it's still going strong.

James

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Hawker Genesis 13.5 pound sealed battery. I don't recommend it for people who don't drive often (unless you have a battery tender) or for people with "big" stereos. :D

It's for us lightweight junkies only! :)

Steve T.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the replies...I am inbetween the yellow and red top batteries. I saw at Autozone two red tops though, both starter batts but am not sure the diff...anybody know which numbers to look for on the yellow and red?...should I only look at the 850 or 750 amps?...

·
BPU++
425 Posts
Sears Diehard here. Looks great, fits great, and you can't top that 100 month warranty :bigthumb: Then again, it's real cheap so maybe you can!

·
Registered
177 Posts
DJ dZ said:
Sears Diehard here. Looks great, fits great, and you can't top that 100 month warranty :bigthumb: Then again, it's real cheap so maybe you can!
got the same, maybe later ill get optima but fornow diehard will do.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
I use the Odyssey PC925 with the Holley billet aluminum mount. It is a great compromise between weight and power. The weight is 24 pounds. You can see a picture on my web site at www.geocities.com\steve_jarvis_me You will need to look at my current 97 and under the engine section.

Here is the link if someone wants to post the picture. It is a high resolution picture.
www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/P1010208.JPG

You can get the battery at www.batteryweb.com for $109.

Later, Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
I use the Odyssey PC925 with the Holley billet aluminum mount. It is a great compromise between weight and power. The weight is 24 pounds. You can see a picture on my web site at www.geocities.com\steve_jarvis_me You will need to look at my current 97 and under the engine section.

Here is the link if someone wants to post the picture. It is a high resolution picture.
www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/P1010208.JPG

You can get the battery at www.batteryweb.com for $109.

Later, Steve
hi steve,

where can i get the holley billet aluminum mount?

thanks

-jjc.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have the Optima Red-top (reversed terminals model). Use to be the Orange-top which they discontinued? No problems yet, but only had it for about a year or so.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
i have the Optima Red Top, seems to be the popular route :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts