Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be looking into getting a bike in the next year or two and am trying to gather opinions from riders about which bike would suit me best. I'm not a very experienced rider. Only ridden a few 125 dirtbikes and some 50 haha. I am 6' 3" and weigh 230lbs. I really like bikes like the Triumph Speed Triple and the Yamaha FZ-1, but I'm not sure about getting a nimble bike like those are, for such a big guy like myself. I was really drawn to the Triumph 955 because of the reviews that rave about the low-end torque and handling for a bike the size that it is. Any suggestions? Am I on the right track?

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Those "nimble" bikes will have more than enough power for ya.

The magazine guys seem to love the new Speed Triple. I plan on test riding one soon.

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
The triple is nice, I nearly bought one for a commuter bike before Ducati announced the Hypermotard. But, if you want gobs of torque and an engine note that sounds better than your girlfriend in the shower with a massage head, get a Duc.

Bottom line: Ride as many as you can, buy whatever twists your grip the most.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Honda 919 is a cool bike as well as the kawi z1000. Do you like a more upright position or an aggressive crotch rocket stance? Are you into naked bikes at all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts