Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i was wondering what kind of bov i could use without my car stalling, right now i have a hks racing and want to switch over. I was looking at maybe hks ssq , blitz ssq or even greddy type S. My only fuel for right now would only be afcII anyone running a different bov? without there car stalling let me know :)

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
GReddy Type S for lower boost applications and GReddy type R/RS for higher boost applications.

Forza,
Kevin

·
11,217 Posts
He's not trying to start a "which bov is nice" thread. This is more of a "which bov can I run without getting rid of the maf and not stall" thread.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
michaelvanle said:
He's not trying to start a "which bov is nice" thread. This is more of a "which bov can I run without getting rid of the maf and not stall" thread.

Excatly.. i dont want to get a bov that sounds nice and makes me stall just want to know if any na-t members out here running a different kind of bov, ill be on 7psi or so , i do want the hks ssq or blitz ssq but i would settle for greddy type s if it works fine without me stalling. Anyone out here running a one of these bov's? with just afcII?

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
SupraMan35 said:
i take it the hks ssq is no good for low boost then? :(
No, It's actually a good BOV. I personally know several people that run the HKS SSQ on their na-t without stalling problems. Hence the reason I said it was a nice BOV... A nice BOV for his application.

People just like to argue... :dunno:

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Care to explain?
What's their to explain? Use a DSM BOV..... they are cheap and easily attainable. They aren't the recirculating type though......

·
!black
4,622 Posts
DSM 1g BOV = works great, cheap and plentiful.

Easy upgrade for the 3SI guys, no reason it wouldn't be a cheap upgrade to any NA-T'er on a budget. Especially when you pushing what, 12-14psi at best on the average joe's setup? They'll hold 16 all day long, they're quite and they're closed loop.

10$ adaptor to weld it on to your pipes, pick them up on greedbay or any DSM forum.
Now, they aren't pretty.... so don't expect to win your mad tyte jdm style points or shit from a car shows.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SupaSupraSE said:
No, It's actually a good BOV. I personally know several people that run the HKS SSQ on their na-t without stalling problems. Hence the reason I said it was a nice BOV... A nice BOV for his application.

People just like to argue... :dunno:
sup, so you know na-t owners using the hks ssq without stalling problems?? that is good news man :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a Blitz ssq @ 8psi & no stalling issues.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry, I don't. My friend is planning on getting one for his website, but it will probably be awhile for that.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TimmyD said:
Sorry, I don't. My friend is planning on getting one for his website, but it will probably be awhile for that.

is there a chance i can see your setup? engine bay pics perhaps?

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
I've some problems with my SSQV bov...I'm running ls400 maf + 525c injectors and my engine stall when it's start around 3000 rpm until idle......
I boost approx. 10 psi....

I'll run my car at 14-15 psi soon so I hope I'll be ok.....

JB

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
get a VPC, no more stalling issues!!! i ran a hks ssqv with the hks safr w/ stock maf no stalling issues. i think with any bov u run open, while running a maf, u will have stalling problems.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts