Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing my T78 and I was wondering which BOV(s) will work well with it? I was thinking of getting 2 of the new blitz. I don't know if I want the Type_R b/c it's freakin' HUGE! If I don't get a racing one, I guess I'll need 2, right?
thanks
Roger

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do you guys get a smooth "pisssssssss" type blow off with the T78? I have the HKS SSQV on my car since BPU and now with the T78, it sounds much different. There is the "pisssssssssss" one smooth sound, but there is also a "wu wu wu wu" sound which to me sounds like compressor surge of the turbo.

My BOV is mounted on the dirver side of the car right before the TB. And the "wu wu wu wu" sound seems to come from the turbo side.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BOV

I'm convinced that the wicked flutter sound is the air going back into the intake. My car made a simliar flutter sound w/ stock turbos and the Blitz BOV. If I got into the boost a little and then let off, I would hear it flutter in the intake. I don't know if it's bad b/c EVERY single that I've heard sounds like that regardless of the BOV.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have the HKS SS bov as well. I recommend it too. When boosting and letting off the throttle, it makes a very loud unique sound....I cant even explain it, but once you hear it, you will like it alot. And besides it operates on vacuum and not pressure, unlike most bov's which can sometimes cause stalling if not tuned perfectly. Good luck. IF you have a chance to hear a single'd car w/ a hks ss bov...do it.
SH

·
boost is good
772 Posts
vr4eclipse said:
Do you guys get a smooth "pisssssssss" type blow off with the T78? I have the HKS SSQV on my car since BPU and now with the T78, it sounds much different. There is the "pisssssssssss" one smooth sound, but there is also a "wu wu wu wu" sound which to me sounds like compressor surge of the turbo.

My BOV is mounted on the dirver side of the car right before the TB. And the "wu wu wu wu" sound seems to come from the turbo side.
yeah everyone i have talked to with a t78 has this. some people have told me that its the wastegate, and some others told me that with such a big turbo that you will get a little air coming back at it, which causes the fluttering sound, but its not actually enough to stop the turbo from spinning which would be compressor surge.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I know for sure how the WG sounds like, and it's much more "crude" sounding (for a lack of a better term). This sounds like plain old air instead.

I've killed a few turbos in my life-time from poorly adjusted BOVs. So I'm probably more sensitive than others when it comes to compressor surge. At BPU, I noticed that if the HKS BOV is used only by it self, there are definate signs of surge at part-throttle let off. When used in conjunction with the stock BOV, all signs of compressor surge is gone.

I also noticed with the stock BOV only at BPU with rasied boost, there is compressor surge at high boost let off situations.

Anyway, now with the single, I will need to find the right BOV setup again. Interesting to hear that everyone else with T78/Singles hear that same fluttering "wu wu wu wu" sound....

I guess the best description of it is the same sound the Veilside Supra made on that video with it drifting up the hill... :p

O

·
0 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm putting my T-78 kit on this Tuesday and currently have the Blitz ssbov. I also have the stock fuel system, but will be keeping the boost between 11 and 14 psi. Will this blow off valve be able to work with these low boost pressures? Hoping for 475 rwhp and excited just thinking about it.

Thanks

O

·
0 Posts
My new licence plate will read TEYAMAT. You guys remember that name? Anyway, thanks for the help with the Blowoff Valve question.

Eric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts