Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone with TRD single disk?

thinking of the single disk TRD or the RPS-stage-2, what do you think? I would not like to spend more than $600!:D

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone using the TRD single disk? Need your opinion on this?:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm using the TRD Single Disk Clutch. So far so good. The pedal pressure is stiffer than stock, and the engagement is smooth. If you plan on going single soon, I'll go ahead get the RPS Stage 3 w/stock flywheel.

Jason Kim
93.5 TT 6spd Hardtop BPU++

·
Registered
407 Posts
From what I understand, the RPS stage 2 is exactly the same as the TRD single disk. I have had mine in for about 6 months now and I love it. It drives like the stock clutch with no chatter and just a little extra pedal effort. Very easy to launch.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the RPS-2 OR TRD be up to holding high RPM launches in BPU++ form?

·
Registered
284 Posts
gritsak said:
rps stage 3 with lightend flywheel is what ive got, works great.....alot of people have good luck with the AZ clutch as well so ide look into one of those two.
Any chatter with the setup, hows it working out? If so is a sprung hub really the only way to help reduce chatter? Thanks

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Suprascene.com said:

Any chatter with the setup, hows it working out? If so is a sprung hub really the only way to help reduce chatter? Thanks
yeah there is some chatter, especially after the car has been driven for awhile or its really hot outside. it doesnt really bother me at all though. the only part that sucks is when you pull up at a stoplight next to some girls and it starts rattling really bad lol.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been told to go for the AZ clutch as it is the strongest clutch available and will last and take the hard launches well. I feel its worth spending that extra bit to buy something that will last and not worry of blowing your clutch.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts