Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought two used coilover sets from Yahoo auction, Tein and JIC.

Both are non-adjustable but there are some differences in them. For instance, the JIC's are alot lighter, maby 3lbs / each. The spring profile is also quite different. The JIC's seem to be alot more narrover than the Teins.

The JICs also have pillow mounts, but they are non adjustable. What is the advantage of those compared to stock?

I am mainly going to drive on the racetrack with this and some drift practicing. They are going in a JDM JZA70 twinturbo R with a 1.5JZ and T88.

Any idea what model coilovers are they? It doesnt read anything on them. I'm guessing the JIC's are SF-1 or SA-1 because I got an instruction manual with them and the TEINs are maby HR's?

The brochure said that the JIC have 18kg front and 10kg rear springs. I dont know about the Teins.

Pics:

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
Those Tein's could be HR like you were saying. The threads and the parts that you use a wrench on to adjust them look very close to my HAs. IIRC, the HAs are the adjustable version of the HRs.

They look like they're in good shape. Good find my man.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I'd use the JIC's if it was me...

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
Use the JIC's if they are not leaking and good =D Teins are not all that great compared to the build quality of JIC's.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Which is better for street applications?

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm.. maby I'll try the JIC's then.. I was going to go with the TEIN's originally..

Is there a way to test the coilovers if they have leaked or not? Should I disassemble them and press down the strut and see how long does it take for it to come back up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts