Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow Supra Drivers..I'm in the market for a downpipe for my 88 supra turbo and I've been looking at various makes from generic brands to HKS. Which downpipes would be most recommended?? I was aiming more towards buying the HKS because HKS offers 75m pipe size but if one of those generic knock-off brand works as well as the HKS one, I would rather spend less for the same amount of performance. Let me know what you think..advices and tips would be GREAT!! Thanks a Bunch!!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
stay away from HKS, heard nothing but bad things, hang low, etc.

search these forums for BIC downpipe and cooleeze (sp?) and you will find some better options.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
HKS is not 75mm throughout

the best are Titan, BIC, and Cooleeze that I know of, they replace the horrible stock elbow...

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
What poodles said, but if cost is a factor, bic is cheapest, cooleeze middle ground and titan is the most expensive.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
bic is a freaking nice setup. i run it on my car and have never had a low hangups issue or anything. does wonderful work

·
function > form
512 Posts
I had the HKS 3" on my old car. It sucked like a Hoover. Even at STOCK ride height, I kept scraping on driveways.... STOCK! I'm getting a BIC re-routed DDP once I do my timing belt and front seals.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
may I add that BIC contributes to the community and isn't out to rip you off... also the only one that has a divorced version...

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
BIC all the way! im waiting for randy to email me back i sent him a email about purchasing a DDP from him for my na-t conversion.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
ive got the tanabe dp and it works good and sounds good the only problem is the stock elbow is still there, well acctually i have an after market elbow from ebay but it doesnt fit with the tanabe dp well at all, oh and another thing with the tanabe dp and alot of the other brand name and knock off ones off ebay it goes from 2.5" to a 3" after the flex section.
i was to new to the turbo supra and didnt know what to get at the time (stupid me).
take everyone elses advice as well as mine, if your sticking with a stock ct26 or a bolt on ct26 patern turbo later on (sp, or boss or upgraded ct) go with bic or coolez. i'd prefer bic b/c its divorced and creates more power over a regular dp even with elbow built in, only thing is i dunno how well the bic ddp work with the new bolt on sp or boss turbo's b/c their much larger than the stock ct26.
my 2 cents
-sean

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've got an original Defcon DP for sale if you're interested. PM me with an offer. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Mo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts