Registered
849 Posts
The down pipe that comes with the kit looks 3". I will check tomorrow

Matthew
Going single and loving it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm using the HKS mid pipe with my T78 kit. If I had to do it all over again, I would have cut my RMM style DP from BPU and had a flange welded on to mate with the GReddy DP.

The HKS mid pipe is a bit smaller in diameter than the GReddy pipe or the RMM style DPs. Also, I found the HKS mid pipe to hang down a bit too low on my car. I ended up having the GReddy downpipe cut about 3/4" and a flex section welded into the HKS mid pipe for a better fit and more ground clearance.

While I was at it, I also had an extra hanger welded onto the Tanabe Racing Medallion to make that fit better as well...

Hope this is helpful,

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx derrek
I was going to buy hks pipe too
but I guess I better use my rmm dp :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
vr4eclipse said:
I'm using the HKS mid pipe with my T78 kit. If I had to do it all over again, I would have cut my RMM style DP from BPU and had a flange welded on to mate with the GReddy DP.

The HKS mid pipe is a bit smaller in diameter than the GReddy pipe or the RMM style DPs. Also, I found the HKS mid pipe to hang down a bit too low on my car. I ended up having the GReddy downpipe cut about 3/4" and a flex section welded into the HKS mid pipe for a better fit and more ground clearance.

While I was at it, I also had an extra hanger welded onto the Tanabe Racing Medallion to make that fit better as well...

Hope this is helpful,
How hard is it to figure out where to cut the RMM down pipe.

"Going Single Baby"

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
I am wonder how your engine bay & air filter "feel" after driving in the rain. But work is done awesome:)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Peter Poland said:
I am wonder how your engine bay & air filter "feel" after driving in the rain. But work is done awesome:)
I dont drive with it in the rain. This is my drag light that I only use at the track. I have the stock light that goes in its place for every day driving.

matthew

·
Registered
332 Posts
C5killr,

I went with a Blitz mid-pipe. It's stainless steel and 80mm. Very nice piece and comes with all the extra hardware. Hangs a bit low, but I have never had a problem.

-TY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts