Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have an Eclipse 7002, 6 disc in dash, plus a Eclipse 5 CH AMP in my car.

I would like to purchase a DVD player, TV Tuner, and Navigation.

I am not sure about compatibility between other brands and Eclipse...but the DVD may just plug into the video/lft/rght cable that comes out of the eclipse brain unit.

Anyway, can someone recommend the brand/models and where I can buy this equipment new or used at good prices?

I would like to upgrade this month.

Thanks!

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Happy Boostin' ]

·
road hazard
452 Posts
i remember reading on a post that someone connected an alpine DVD navigation unit is compatible with their eclipse head unit. but i'm not 100% sure...can somebody confirm this? thomas?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Eclipse has their own DVD player out now. It is a single din that can go directly under the 7002.

Eclipse never made a navigation system for the 7002. I think it is stupid since they incorporated the Navi button on there.

You can use any DVD player you want, as long as it uses the RCA cables that plug into the brain. Controlling the unit may be your only problem, unless you purchase a unit that goes up front.

Panasonic has their very first in dash DVD player at a reasonable price of about $750. The only problem is that it is a gold color which doesn't match the 7002 at all.

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
The Alpine NAV systems will work with the Eclipse head unit and will plug into the VIDEO input, and it works quite well. All functions of the NAV are controlled with the alpine remote control unit anyways. And yeah.... the eclipse DVD players are WILD, but lotsa mula $$$$$.

Cheers,

BArtel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts