Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I checked the Dyno sticky but would like some personel opinions and experiences from people with dyno's in Houston.

Which one is most widely used by you guys making BIG power? I live like 5 minutes from the Automotive Equitys place and about 10 minutes from Motorsports Technologies.

Thanks,
Gregg

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Olivier Caza said:
Isn't RSI in Houston? I think that's where they held the dyno contest at the last TX meet!

-Olivier
I cant remember the name but I live 5 minutes from the place where they help the dyno day/show n shine at the past Supra Meet.
They just did the dyno, their showroom is nothing but Vipers etc etc, all Amreican stuff. I would feel alot better knowing the shop I go to has Import experience especially Toyota experience with the Supra and MR2.

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
aomar said:
Heres a shop in houston SGP the owner has a supra and all what they work on are supras and 300zx heres the wed site http://www.sgpracing.com/

Ameer
I remember seeing some of their work in car magazines. They have pretty awesome cars running for their shop. I remember one 300ZX which was incredibly well-built, owned by a guy named David something I think. It was perfect, inside and out, built engine, etc.

-Olivier

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
texasmr2 said:
I cant remember the name but I live 5 minutes from the place where they help the dyno day/show n shine at the past Supra Meet.
They just did the dyno, their showroom is nothing but Vipers etc etc, all Amreican stuff. I would feel alot better knowing the shop I go to has Import experience especially Toyota experience with the Supra and MR2.

Thanks,
Gregg
Sounds like RSI to me...

-Olivier

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes I am very familiar with SGP they are in the Deerpark/Pasadena area and yes they do very good work and I have seen alot of their cars in the mags also.
I'm probably just gonna go to ATS in the Dallas/Ft.Worth are. They specialize in MR2's/Celica All-Tracs I just wanted some opinions.

Thanks for the replies everyone,
Gregg

PS, I cannot seem to find Protechs website or contact info, can anyone hook me up with it?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Email Justin Nenni, [email protected] and go to RSI. If he was able to tune my car, he will be able to tune yours... RSI has a first class facility as well...
Peter

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
houstonT said:
Email Justin Nenni, [email protected] and go to RSI. If he was able to tune my car, he will be able to tune yours... RSI has a first class facility as well...
Peter
Peter,
Thats exactly what I was thinking, man if he can get 980+rwhp out of your car I'm sure he can handle mine.
Does he have Autronic tuning experience? Not that it really matters because any good ems tuner should be able to tune any good ems on the market.

Now I was 1st told Justin is in Austin but you are suggesting going to RSI, please explain?

I really appreciate you guys help,
Gregg

PS, Hey would you guys let an MR2 guy hang at the TX2K4 meet and meet some of the Supra gods?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Gregg, you are more than welcome to come to tx2k4... Justin lives in Austin but would make the trip to Houston and tune at RSI.
Peter

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I need a contact # or email then so I can speak with him about it.

Yah I will definitely not miss the meet this year, I could faintly hear the dyno session from my house but was just to tired to come watch after working 12hrs, 7pm-7am.

Thanks everyone,
Gregg

PS, Peter what type of clutch are you running? I'll be buying my Tilton carbon/carbon in December from Jeff at Induction Motorsports, I cant wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts