Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had experience running several different brand exhaust manifolds on a single turbo? i'm wondering which one has the best flow and creates the most horsepower?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think the RPS is the most popular for Garrett turbo applications.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The HKS is by far a superior manifold. I have had both in my hand to inspect up front and after buying the RPS, sold it so I could purchase the HKS that I am currently using.

I also know someone who dyno'ed with both manifolds and made more power with the HKS manifold.

The RPS has smaller longer runners for higher velocity exhaust gases.

The HKS has thicker shorter runners to achieve more flow.

In the end, both are excellent quality manifolds with the HKS being of slightly better quality, fit, and finish. The performance differences in my opinion are negligable.

IMHO, you would be ok with either manifold.

-pete

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magic said:
The HKS is by far a superior manifold. I have had both in my hand to inspect up front and after buying the RPS, sold it so I could purchase the HKS that I am currently using.

I also know someone who dyno'ed with both manifolds and made more power with the HKS manifold.

The RPS has smaller longer runners for higher velocity exhaust gases.

The HKS has thicker shorter runners to achieve more flow.

In the end, both are excellent quality manifolds with the HKS being of slightly better quality, fit, and finish. The performance differences in my opinion are negligable.

IMHO, you would be ok with either manifold.

-pete
thanks for the feedback pete:D

·
boost is good
772 Posts
this is what ive been told and heard..

the rps is designed for more low end power, while the greddy and the hks will make more top end power. i have also heard of people having fitment problems with the rps manifold, again i dont have any personal experience this is just what ive heard. i have the greddy on my car and the fit and finish are perfect.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can vouch for the high quality of the HKS fit and finish. Doublewall stainless steel with precise tig welds is hard to beat. The RPS is still excellent. It is true that the RPS has longer exhaust runners compared to the HKS, but it's hard to make any definite conclusion about the difference in performance from such a small sample set. I agree with you guys in theory, however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts