Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make a decision on fuel computers to go along with the VPC with 550 inj. auto trans chip.

Either the S-AFC, GCCIII, Fields unit, or other

I've seen a few problems with the S-AFC & VPC combo recently but I think there are many Supras running this combo successfully.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
boost is good
772 Posts
i have the vpc/afc combo, and as far as i can tell its working. i havent got to tune it yet though. i chose the afc because it has more adjustment points, and i really like the look of the unit.

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy:

I'm doing some research on the units right now. It appears as though many have had problems with the S-AFC unit. I agree that it has more points & nicer display.

Anyone else have input??

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hboostn97TT said:
Andy:

I'm doing some research on the units right now. It appears as though many have had problems with the S-AFC unit. I agree that it has more points & nicer display.

Anyone else have input??

What problems are people having with them?

Larry

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question. It's mixed. There are several threads regarding inability to add fuel at higher RPM. Also, Dusty at MVP claims that there are voltage mis-matches on the S-AFC and others causing problems on inoperability...many have been replaced with GCC's and it works. That's about the only info. I'm going on for now.

Maybe this is just USER error? What do you think?

But I do like the simplicity of the GCC. Also, the VPC was designed to work with/connect to the GCC.

I would like your opinion on this matter, I'm sure it will help quite a few inquiring minds.

larryma said:

What problems are people having with them?

Larry

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Larry, Jarrett, other experts???

What are your opinions and on fuel controllers with a VPC for stock twins and singles.

Have you had problems with controllers other than the GCC in terms of voltage mismatches, lower power than expected, or other???

Thanks for the feedback!

·
4,417 Posts
I am using the VPC/GCC combo. No problems here. I personally like to stick with the same company of electronics... especially since they were designed to work with each other.

Why complicate things?

Anyway... I like mine. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts