Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which headunit would you guys prefer? Which is better, which do you think looks better and is better quality? I've narrowed down my decision to these two headunits

THE..

Panasonic CQ-DF903U

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=62997&catGroupId=11085&modelNo=CQ-DF903U&surfModel=CQ-DF903U

OR THE..

Kenwood KDC-V7022

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=18&sortBy=price&productId=2498

WHICH ONE DO I WANT?!?!! I CANNOT DECIDE!!

·
1,057 Posts
I have owned 3 panasonic headunits: had a problem with one but the other 2 worked flawlessly. I personally like the looks of that Panasonic over the Kenwood.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I'm sorry but I won't recommend either...for my first post on this forum!

I highly recommend pioneer, alpine or eclipse. I personally have a pioneer, great value with lots of features...alpine if you want mp3's and time correction and eclipse if you're going for pure sq.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
and if ALL possible, get one that plays MP3's...
(link didnt work for me, so im not sure if the ones you were lookin at have that):(

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
What you REALLY wnat is the Eclipse 8053. Check and compare it to the other decks. It may not heve Every feature, but the power and signal is SOOOOOO clear it can't be matched.

J

·
0 Posts
Of the two you proposed, I'd choose the Panasonic.

I have an Alpine CDA-7811 in my car, previously had a Pioneer Premier DEX-P99.

I admit that I have a personal bias against Kenwood. The first (and last) kenwood CD player I had skipped badly. It would skip when I drove over railroad tracks, whenever I came to a stop, whenever I started moving, every time I shifted gears, touched the gas or brake... you get the idea. It spent more time looking for a track than actually playing a CD. I haven't bought a piece of Kenwood equipment since.

Panasonic stuff has always treated me well, and the in car stuff is relatively good stuff at a decent price. I still think that there's better stuff out there, but not in the same price league.

Sure a high end Clarion would be nice, So would the Eclipse or a Nakamichi. I KNOW those will make for better sound, as long as you cough up the dough for the price tag. :)

Edit for speeling and typos.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i have the clarion 9575 for sale with signal processor and 6- disc changer for sale. Let me know if you are into getting something used but still in excellent condition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts