Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if my greddy intercooler piping that was installed on my apexi intercooler will fit an ebay intercooler the 24*12*3 one?
Any help would be great thanks..

·
Registered
298 Posts
don't know about the fitmenst but an ebay intercooler on a supra??? You spent the money on a supra so splurge a little for the parts. I'd say the apexi intercooler is 10 times better than any ebay made intercooler.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I know but money is the big deciding factor. I might just buy a used stock intercooler.intercooler.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,477 Posts
Better solely because you paid much more for it? Where are your test results or personal experiences?

At least 100 Supra guys are running these intercoolers, I've seen no reported failures. People have dyno'd over 800 RWHP with them and run 9 second 1/4 mile passes.

There is nothing wrong with the EBAY FMIC.

boostedspra said:
don't know about the fitmenst but an ebay intercooler on a supra??? You spent the money on a supra so splurge a little for the parts. I'd say the apexi intercooler is 10 times better than any ebay made intercooler.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Better solely because you paid much more for it? Where are your test results or personal experiences?

I have installed 2 and have one more sitting in my basement. They are much nicer looking than the Apex-i unit (I hate the way the fins look), and these are mirror polished.

Does everyone know what an intercooler is? It's rows of piping connected by cooling fins or heatsinks. The differences are size, endtank design, and heatsink orientation. If it was a skyline or Audi intercooler I "may" understand because of their strange inlet/outlet designs, but the Supra's design is so straight forward and simple, I can't fathom spending $1800 on it.

And to answer your question, the piping should fit.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,477 Posts
To clarify, my point mirrored yours. I have an Ebay FMIC and feel it is a good alternative to brand name coolers.

OVRBST said:
I have installed 2 and have one more sitting in my basement. They are much nicer looking than the Apex-i unit (I hate the way the fins look), and these are mirror polished.

Does everyone know what an intercooler is? It's rows of piping connected by cooling fins or heatsinks. The differences are size, endtank design, and heatsink orientation. If it was a skyline or Audi intercooler I "may" understand because of their strange inlet/outlet designs, but the Supra's design is so straight forward and simple, I can't fathom spending $1800 on it.

And to answer your question, the piping should fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts