Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was actually thinking of getting a decent priced auto tt pumpkin (or at least the lsd). But I don't want to be limited to my selections. I have heard a few people have the KAAZ 2 way LSD (whatever 2 way means) and have great experience with it. At the same time, many TT guys upgrade to the TRD LSD from their stock ones.

The KAAZ and TRD are priced about the same (if I buy from Curt). I was wondering which one would I guess be better performance. Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
The kaaz diff's are very strong but you won't want to take a lady out in the car afterwards, they tend to make a LOT of noise.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i believe you can use the stock ring gear to maintain the same ratios and such. If you use an auto TT diff then youll be at a lower cruising rpm which would be absolutely great. Also, each gear will be longer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
the differential has a different final drive so cruising would be lower in rpms,,, i hope that saves gas because im getting poor mileage and gas is like 2.50 here.,,.

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
96sc3 said:
the differential has a different final drive so cruising would be lower in rpms,,, i hope that saves gas because im getting poor mileage and gas is like 2.50 here.,,.
As far as I know, the LSD's don't replace the rear gearing. You would have to get an auto tt pumpkin for that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the KAZZ and it sounds no different than stock, it's not noisy!!
Mine is set at 100% efficiency and is extremely comfortable,

Of course im use to race cars so maby it's just me?

Also when loking at LSDs you need to consider a 2way, or a 1.5way depending on your application.
correct me if i'm wrong:
2way best for drift/ drag
1.5way best for road racing
I have the 1.5way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts