AEM Cam Gears
HKS Fuel Rail
Greddy 720cc Injectors
Aeromotive AFPR
Dual in Tank Denso Fuel Pumps
AEM UEGO Wide Band
HKS Boost Controller
MAP ECU
Professionally Rebuilt Motor freshened up LONG BLOCK less then 1500 miles.
with all new Toyota rings, seals, machined, head rebuilt. ARP Bolts, ARP Main Studs, All ARP Hardware. ACL Bearings. Hot tanked honed etc.

@ 17.5 lbs the car made 500whp. I am trying to get above 600whp.

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,660 Posts
What matters is whos tuning the car.
Do they tune haltech or map?
I honestly think both work fine
Both have been proven. I say MAP if you just want an ecu, and Haltech if you want alot of auxiliary outputs and options

However, im gonna check I think one of those ecus does not have knock detection. Its one of the two for sure

·
Supra Saiyajin IV
241 Posts
Like mentioned above, ultimately it's what the tuner feels comfortable with. Having said that, one is a standalone (Haltech) and one is a piggyback (MAP-ECU 3). MAP-ECU 3 is cheaper, a proven setup, retains factory ECU, and can handle your power goals. MAP-ECU 3 can drive up to ~1000cc injectors (2x stock) on the 2JZ-GTE factory ECU. Also, you say you already have MAP-ECU 1, so it's a relatively easy upgrade to 3 because it uses the same harnesses, plus it's definitely an upgrade because now you'll have ignition timing control. To me, MAP ECU 3 is the way to go given your current setup and goals.

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,660 Posts
Okay, so Haltech is the one that does not see knock unless you buy the expensive sensor/aux kit.
I also forget that the Map is piggyback, in a sense if you want simplicity, thats the best way.
However if you want to squeeze every ounce out, then the haltech is the way.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
You are comparing a piggy back ecu vs a full stand alone. That said, Haltech of course.

Remember that your stand alone is always as good or bad as your tuner.. so if your tune is crap, your car will run crap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Honestly i am trying not to invest too much more with what I have. I beleive I will go with the MAP ECU 3. Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts