Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this for awhile as I've been working on my new project track car and I can't make a decision. I've upgraded the braking system with massive rotors and 6 pot calipers, but I can't decided on the braking system itself.

For you guys that do track days or otherwise, would you prefer to delete the ABS system entirely and rely upon your ability to threshold brake or keep the ABS system?

I get conflicting answers about this subject when I talk to more "experienced" drivers.

Opinions please.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A real good ABS system can be a competitive advantage. A bad one will not be. I use to be ABS with my Supra and liked it. I am now non-ABS with my track car and the first time at the track getting use to the car finding its limit under braking I flat spotted (as in corded) my left front. I am now sensitized to the threshold limit non-abs and know what the "floaty" locking up feeling is like to modulate.

Barry H.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think there are probably compelling reasons for and against abs on track. I prefer no abs on track. Certain tracks can be dangerous with abs specially bumby areas that require treshold breaking.I recomend trying it with and without abs to find out what you like best.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
it is personal preference. But all things being equal, there are very few drivers that can out brake a good abs system with a manual system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts