Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Umm, i don't know what to think or say other than you're damn LUCKY!

I'd go for a slightly used E46 M3 droptop. You'd also be able to get in a brand new c6 corvette with T-tops.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
What a dilemma you have!!!! :eek:

The car's you mentioned are all of very different calibur's...

You're in TX, so no reason to get an STI or anything AWD.

Get a Supra and an FD and be done with it. Supra for a daily, FD for track racing.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Originally posted by CyrusX7
My other choices are STi,
I like this choice. Would make a nice daily and a track car.

used XKR,
A very clean car but some reliabilty issues with Jags. I hear they have some electrical problems and prone to catch fire. Otherwise, very sexy body style.

new S-TypeR,
Again nice but paying to fix problems....... ehhhh.

Supra (of course),
:D But I'd go with a low mileage supra if your planning to go lots of miles.

M3 and the rest of those kind of cars..
Nice.

Please, any ideas, recommendations, whatever will be appreciated!!
2005 Mitsubishi Evo MR
2005/6 Infinity G35 6MT coupe
2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG
2003 Ford Cobra/Saleen
2005 Mazdaspeed 6

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
The FD is the last gen Mazda RX7. I think its a good car but the rotary engine may give you problems. Its not multipassenger friendly being that it two seater.

If that didn't matter, I've would have suggested the Lotus Elise for its rarity or the Vette.

and the 2003 Evos have the manual intercooler spray but removed it for the 2005 to fit an ACD something for better handling.

·
36D FTW!!
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oo ic, i actually didnt know that :-\ interesting, JW, can you put a manual intercooler spray on most cars?

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
he needs to carry 3 people+.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
CyrusX7 said:
Ok, my parents screwed me on my first car and got me an Impala

youre parents bought you a brand new car yet youre saying they SCREWED you? how unappreciative and spoiled are you? goddamn

drive the impala for a couple years. youre 16... and unless youve been driving illegally for a number of years, youre very inexperienced. inexperience + power = disaster

plus you wont get pulled over much unless you drive like an idiot... impala = low profile

but damn man... appreciate what they gave you. my parents must have really screwed me with my first car. a 1988 dodge shadow.... wait, no, i APPRECIATED the fact that they were willing to help me out by buying me a car :eek:

edit: if i were in your shoes id take the $60 new car in a heartbeat... lol... and id probably pick something fast... but looking back at myself when i was 16 (and the majority of teen drivers) i would NOT reccommend it! get something nice, but not something with power. maybe an escalade like someone already said? or something like that

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
I would definately consider the E46 M3 Vert' and a Supra TT! Those would be my cream of the crop of the choices. Your a ery lucky person! Just remember to be careful and keep it on the track!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I agree with the M3 'vert idea. Don't get a Supra TT, we don't need another one gone. No offense to you or anything, but wait awhile before you get anything rare and powerful like a TT.

E

·
0 Posts
CyrusX7 said:
oo ic, i actually didnt know that :-\ interesting, JW, can you put a manual intercooler spray on most cars?
you are an idiot if you think that's a nifty idea...

R

·
0 Posts
Wow man, I wish i was rich. I actually had to work for my stuff.
neways, if your driving your siblings to school, you should get a 4 door car like the ev0 or wrx.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Wow man, you are really spoiled. But I'm not going to hate, just give you an opinion on what car you should get.

I have driven many luxury cars and know alot about them.
Mainly these ---> (Worked at a Jag/MB/Land Rover/Volvo dealer)

I would definately spring for the S-Type R. It is exactly $50,000. You will not have any problems with it for a very long time. These cars generally have less problems than Audi, MB, BMW, and Volvo. Way less problems. They are really fun to drive and have about 400Hp from a 4.4L Supercharged V8.

It's an awesome deal and would be the vehicle I would buy if I had the money to spend.

If you have any questions about those makes listed above feel free to ask.

R

·
0 Posts
CyrusX7 said:
RexRyder- I also work and pay for almost everything that I have (clothes, games, etc). But isnt it parents jobs to provide [necessities] for their kids.. ? In this case, a car is a necessity because my parents cant spend mornings and evenings 'shuttling' us to/from school, extra cirricular activities and such. Yea, I was really thinking wrx because the evo is pretty hard to find, plus the sti is a great all-around 4door car. [/B]
a 50k car is not a necessity :)

R

·
0 Posts
CyrusX7 said:
RexRyder- Heh, good point- got me there. The car is the necessity, but the price isnt, thats true. But the price is a gift. And you cant call someone spoiled for getting a gift, right? if not, then everyone who has ever recieved a gift from santa is spoiled :p
I have never received a 50k gift from santa. :)

eh, we could go on and on, whatevah tho.

·
4,109 Posts
My 'gift' for 'being good' was not getting kicked out of the house

1 - 20 of 38 Posts