Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eventually i will be installing an eclipse 7301 head unit in my car. I was curious if anyone knew which navi unit is compatible?
alpine nve-n852a, pioneer avic9-dvd or maybe something else.... preferably dvd navi unit.

·
I own a Lexus
952 Posts
Any navigational system with a line out would be able to work. It would just be using the 7301 as a screen, you wouldnt be able to interact with the navi system through the head unit though.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
joel is right. any navi system with a video line out rca plug will do just fine. only problem is that you'll have to control the navi system through its given headunit. might be kind of difficult to function since the 7301 is a double din and you'll have to mount the navi system somewhere accessable...unless the navi system has a wireless remote.

eclipse never produced an aftermarket navigational unit that could connect onto the 7301 and be functioned by the 7301 controls. notice on the back of the headunit, there is a square plug for the so-called navigational unit. would have been a great integration though if they did produce it.

·
651 Posts
eclipse never produced an aftermarket navigational unit that could connect onto the 7301 and be functioned by the 7301 controls. notice on the back of the headunit, there is a square plug for the so-called navigational unit. would have been a great integration though if they did produce it.
Not ENTIRELY correct senor...... Eclipse has a Navigation add on for Japan. That 7301 was really never intended to be distributed over in the US. The way you KNOW that is true is this.... remember which side of the radio they put the main control knob?? Yep, on the right side of the unit. Perfect for cruising in your right hand drive Jap spec Supra! Eclipse has GPS mapping in Japan.... just not here.

Thomas Kenyon

·
I own a Lexus
952 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:

Not ENTIRELY correct senor...... Eclipse has a Navigation add on for Japan. That 7301 was really never intended to be distributed over in the US. The way you KNOW that is true is this.... remember which side of the radio they put the main control knob?? Yep, on the right side of the unit. Perfect for cruising in your right hand drive Jap spec Supra! Eclipse has GPS mapping in Japan.... just not here.

Thomas Kenyon

HELL YEAH they have navigation. 3D and 2D!!! They also have touch screens and built in/seperate CD player, DVD player, MiniDisk player, MP3 player, with the abillity to hook up to the internet in the same unit!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Thomas, do you think you can get your hands on one of these from Japan??

·
651 Posts
I should have been more specific.... the GPS that Eclipse makes is not only sold in Japan, it is FOR Japan only.

I could get one but it will be for mapping in Japan and be all in Japanese. I have seen Japanese Eclipse product literature for the GPS they have over in Japan. It is pretty sweet... us Americans are the last to get stuff from the greedy Japanese. $$$$$$$$

The Japanese GPS would do no one any good here in the US.

Thomas Kenyon

·
651 Posts
That picture is of the Japanese GPS.... Came from the Eclipse product Literature.. where the hell did you see that?

Thomas Kenyon

·
I own a Lexus
952 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
I should have been more specific.... the GPS that Eclipse makes is not only sold in Japan, it is FOR Japan only.

I could get one but it will be for mapping in Japan and be all in Japanese. I have seen Japanese Eclipse product literature for the GPS they have over in Japan. It is pretty sweet... us Americans are the last to get stuff from the greedy Japanese. $$$$$$$$

The Japanese GPS would do no one any good here in the US.

Thomas Kenyon

I know that it is for Japan only. Hell, it has to be, they mapped out all the buildings and streets in Japan. I am more interested in the DVD/CD/MP3/MD feature. I know that the navigation would be pointless here, I was just wondering if you could get it.

·
I own a Lexus
952 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
That picture is of the Japanese GPS.... Came from the Eclipse product Literature.. where the hell did you see that?

Thomas Kenyon

Go here and scroll about half way down the page. Ive been doing some research on these units. I know what they are capable of. http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13018

They also have a nifty flash site that demonstrates some of the features of it.
http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/2001_s/navi.html

If you can read Japanese go here. It has the main selling points of it and gives a price. Which rite now is $2,148.82
http://www.escargoods.co.jp/cgs.svl?start&shop_cd=3&CID=CGS503&product_cd=0000413717

You're not the only one that knows about these:)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
The way you KNOW that is true is this.... remember which side of the radio they put the main control knob?? Yep, on the right side of the unit. Perfect for cruising in your right hand drive Jap spec Supra!

Thomas Kenyon
cripes...no wonder why the knob is on the right side. thats one of the only pet peeves i have about the 7301. that and it needs a better screen saver and interface. too bad they never produced a GPS of the US. that would have been badass.

talk about detail! that GPS pic of a japanese city is amazing. they even mapped out the buildings, height and all, into a 3d view of the city.

·
651 Posts
Your not the only one that knows about these
You are correct... I commend you for your knowledge. For someone not in this buisness, it is rare to find someone who knows about a Japan only piece.

If you really wanted that piece you'll have to go to Japan. I don't believe Eclipse North America will allow it to come into the US via them. Major politics at work when it comes to what is allowed in what country and when!

Jesus, I still can't belive you found that unit! Oh well... you can buy a nuclear weapon on the internet if you looked long enough!

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts