• Blitz SUS intake

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • APEXi intake

Votes: 7 87.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Custom "3000 pipe" ... with Amsoil or ITG filter .. IMO.

·
Crow
964 Posts
Re: HMMM.

KermitTheFrayer said:
But then always comes into play the PAYOFF. You guys think that was rigged?
any other conspiracy theories?

no but really, i doubt apexi would give a shit about some little test.

its not like that website is on all the boxes their stuff comes in

·
Registered
170 Posts
Only you can decide

You've already seen the numbers. Both filters are going to sound about the same with a minor sucking sound that you can barely hear over the turbo/BOV (which the intake will make a bit louder). And if looks are an issue, only YOU know what you like. If you like them the same, buy the cheaper one (probably the Apex'i)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
getting an intake for sound and looks?? wtf

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
SuprAng said:
getting an intake for sound and looks?? wtf
HAHA...yeah what's the deal? Sound and looks? Come on dude, those are not things you should be looking at when choosing an intake. Of the different intakes I have had, the Apex'i was the best. I noticed the biggest gains and if you are going for the sound, it was plenty loud. But I was never on the stock turbo with the Apex'i intake though.

FYI, I have the only shipment of Apexi' intakes in the country coming to me next week.

·
2,279 Posts
The 3000 pipe can be replaced for 5 bucks worth of 2.5 inch piping and a flare at the one end from ANY muffler shop in town. Screw that 100 buck HKS noise.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I still say that the only way I would go if I wasn't just trying to buy some "drop in" stuff .. would be the custom pipe with ITG or Amsoil filter. ITG is probably the best filter you can buy for filtration and flow. No argument ... everytime I say this .. somebody has to contradict me. I'll belive what I believe.

[/quote] Timmah20 quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by AWIDESUPIE
Custom "3000 pipe" ... with Amsoil or ITG filter .. IMO.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pics? [/quote]

The ITG and Amsoil filter look the same .. and we all know what a custom "3000 pipe"/ pipe to throttle body looks like .. it looks like pipe.

For pics of ITG filter install on 7mgte:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/maxout_one

Best regards.

·
New Mexico Boost Frog
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ummm RICE

Pulse1 said:
Have you thought about a custom pipe and a Weapon R filter? The Dragon filters are sooo sexy. :allcho:
Well according to that test. They all perform within a .5 hp mark of each other. So what I meant was which one of those two looks and or sounds the best.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts