Ting

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i have the yellow top!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I got the ugly orange. But I like the terminals on the right sides. Some people stretch theirs and use the other colors, but on my 94 it seemed like too much trouble.

·
10,459 Posts
lol the terminal just over laps not even a real stretch!
supra400hptt said:
I got the ugly orange. But I like the terminals on the right sides. Some people stretch theirs and use the other colors, but on my 94 it seemed like too much trouble.

H

·
0 Posts
Just picked up a red top at PepBoys.:D I was wondering same thing. What's up with other color, they didn't even have yellow or orange top in stock at PepBoys.

·
Super Moderator
4,425 Posts
SilverTT :

The Red top..is actually now a Orange top......( same battery)
And they recommend the red/orange top because its the only optima battery that has reverse terminals to fit exactly like stock.
The Yellow and blue are deep cycle and dont have reversed terminals......so all you have to do is stretch the cables and cross them to make fit....no biggie.

H

·
0 Posts
Btw, RSASupra, I think you are looking for the cover plate. You have to special order it from Pepboys. Part number is #242-0018. I'm going to try to order one today. :D

·
10,459 Posts
correct the deep cycle is better if you have a system or high currect consumption and need a battery that gets drained alot then recharged by the altenator ..unlike the red top! good for stock use only!
Silver Bullet said:
SilverTT :

The Red top..is actually now a Orange top......( same battery)
And they recommend the red/orange top because its the only optima battery that has reverse terminals to fit exactly like stock.
The Yellow and blue are deep cycle and dont have reversed terminals......so all you have to do is stretch the cables and cross them to make fit....no biggie.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Optima told me the red was fine for the stock car or with a small system...something about 50volts...??? I'd like to lose some weight and the optima weights 38lbs.....is there another brand battery that will give similar performance...but would be lighter? Thanks for the replys guys!

·
10,459 Posts
you can just get a regular battery and upgrade your alternator and use some capacitors also as for what optima said yea they told me the same thing when i first got my red top and it didnt work out like they said thats why ther replace my red top 3 that was in my stealth 3
times and i ended up giving it to my father ! they getting a yellow top for my stealth and never had problems again!trust me been there done that!
SilverTT said:
Optima told me the red was fine for the stock car or with a small system...something about 50volts...??? I'd like to lose some weight and the optima weights 38lbs.....is there another brand battery that will give similar performance...but would be lighter? Thanks for the replys guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts