Supra Forums banner

Which Optima Blue Top do I need? (there are 2)

776 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  braddman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Since your in Florida, you probably don't need to worry about the cold cranking amps very much.

The ULT-9006-006 provides you with 980 CCA at 32degrees and has a reserve capacity of 110 and weighs in at 39lbs.

The ULT-9016-103 provides you with 870 CCA at 32degrees and has a reserve capacity of 120 and weighs in at 44lbs.

If you want to save on weight, then go with the 006. It is beefy enough for your electronics and anything you'd want to use. This is also fine for any audio system you have in there as well.

If you want a lot of power for your audio equipment while the vehicle is NOT running, then go with the 103. It weighs more, but will give you more juice to sit there and listen to tunes.

Really....its up to you. What do you preffer to be able to have / do? Personally with what you have, I would go with the ULT-9006-006. It's cheaper. lighter, and has more than enough juice for what you require.

#4 ·
Yea...the cheaper one has less of a capacity to hold the charge while the car is off. The heavier one is built for powering a wench, or other type of device that requires a lot of juice without having an alternator right there charging the battery during use.

The heavier battery, ULT-9016-103, would also be better for us northern owners because of the cold weather. These optima batteries do not perform to well if its been a week or two down in the 30's. Most of the time they will charge right back and be fine, as long as you don't let them sit too long without a charge.

You braddman, should be fine with the smaller battery....your in Florida for that matter anyways!

#8 ·
You may want to replace all your battery cables with new custom ones too. I did mine and it's very simple. Just make sure you get the right gauge and type of wire. You could also throw in a voltage stabilizer into the mix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.