Supra Forums banner

which pads for brembo slotted?

425 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  94Silver 
#1 ·
i had hawk hp plus pads and they are too loud/squeal. will stock pads or other type hawk pads work and be quiet? i have brembo dot 5.1 fluid and goodridge hard lines with brembo slotted rotors. so which pads will work for daily driving and drag racing on weekends? my stock setup held up for 10 years with no problems.

#2 ·
drift tt 23 said:
i had hawk hp plus pads and they are too loud/squeal. will stock pads or other type hawk pads work and be quiet? i have brembo dot 5.1 fluid and goodridge hard lines with brembo slotted rotors. so which pads will work for daily driving and drag racing on weekends? my stock setup held up for 10 years with no problems.
Most high performance pads will squeal. I am running the Hawks and love them (street and autoX, road racing). They occasionally squeal but I use the Permatex anti-squeal goop which makes a huge difference.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/viewproduct~~~~Brakes~Brake_Anti_Squeal_Shims~.html

#3 ·
i have used the brake quiet already.maybe just use the pads right under the hawk hp plus which many say are ok for my needs and they [say] itll be quiet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.