Supra Forums banner

Which pressure plate with HPF Bronze Disk?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My clutch is in need of replacement and I'm going to take a step up from stock and get the Horsepower Freaks (HPF) Bronze Disk with either the ACT PP or the RPS PP.

I will be keeping the stock flywheel and the car is BPU.

I am wondering which of the two pressure plates you guys would recommend for my setup? I want something stiffer than stock, but nothing TOO extremely stiff, and I don't think either PP is too stiff.

I think both will be plenty strong for the power I'm making, but what are the pros and cons of each PP. The two main things I am intersted in are stiffness and a long life. I don't want to have to replace my clutch again in 30,000 miles.

Please let me know your feedback on both Pressure Plates and which you would recommend for my situation. Thanks.

Info on the PP are here: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...erformance/Clutches-Flywheels/Pressure_Plates

Please explain why you vote for which PP. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I know the ACT offers more clamping force but I prefer the RPS feel and it's worked great for me thus far. I've tried both.

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
I've previously had the HPF bronze disk with the ACT PP and driven the same combo with the RPS PP. I must say, the ACT is far too stiff for my liking. I wish I would have gone with the RPS PP in the beginning. It comes down to how much power you will be looking to put down with this clutch. If you are staying BPU then I would say stay away from both combinations. There are other clutches which can hold that level of power and feel virtually no different than stock in pedal pressure, driveability, etc. If you are looking to go with a small single in the future, then these may be your ticket.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Southbend. It's lighter than the RPS. Has held with a T78. And I'm paranoid of crankwalk.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
ive ordered the southbend with my hpf bronze set up

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
xenon go with the southbend, its close to stock feel...and i believe it will hold around 650rwhp.

Hell, HPF states that the stock pp is good up to 550 rwhp on their disc.

Id say go with the southbend, at most rps. ACT is overkill.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided I'm going to go with the RPS, thanks guys :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts