Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of rear ims for my mk4 for drag.i need a set of 16 in. rims that will fit my et streets.which are prefered?bogarts etc? can someone help me get some specs on brand size backspacing lug pattern etc? and not the most expensive either moderate price range. i had 16 in rx7 rims but they werent mine to keep.plus i have tubes for my ets and i also need acrews[which size]?so what are u guys running ? the good the bad,give me the scoop.

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
Bill, i use 16' nissan 300zx wheels. they work perfect with a little grinding of the rear caliper. its very easy to do. you can find these rims cheap and they are very light. if you go this route just call me and i can grind down your calipers for you. it only took me maybe 5 minutes to do mine, Rick.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had rx7 rims and already grinded the area near the bleeder on the calipers.u have 16 in. 300ztt rims?maybe ill see if i can find a set cheap. i was mostly looking for some aftermarket wheels line centerline ,bogart,welds etc. what do some of u use?what will fit?.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
16" Bogarts here w/spacers - swing by S NJ sometime ... if we ever get some nice weather, you can try them on...so to speak.

Jay

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If your going to buy 16" wheels you might as well get the CCW's so you can have matching skinnies for the front.

Matching wheels are good for at least 3 tenths:D

Jay, you running the Tilton this year?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the bogart 16 inch with the spacers brand new never used if you are interestedin buying some. I'm to scared break something to put a slicks on.

Tripp

P.s Whats up all the jersey and Pa guys in this thread. Got all meet up at the track ill have a cage this year :p

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tripp 97tt said:
I have the bogart 16 inch with the spacers brand new never used if you are interestedin buying some. I'm to scared break something to put a slicks on.

Tripp

P.s Whats up all the jersey and Pa guys in this thread. Got all meet up at the track ill have a cage this year :p
im interested in those wheels.why the need for spacers?will the studs still grab enough thread,and will it be strong enough to hold my viloent launches?let me know how much, we can meet up if the price is write.
t78supra,damn your car is sweet,that is how i wouldve done mine if i wasnt so addictte to raceing

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
im interested in those wheels.why the need for spacers?will the studs still grab enough thread,and will it be strong enough to hold my viloent launches?let me know how much, we can meet up if the price is write.
t78supra,damn your car is sweet,that is how i wouldve done mine if i wasnt so addictte to raceing
Thanx for the compliment.

You need the spacers to clear the calipers, it locates the caliper into the larger inner diameter portion of the wheel. You know how on the inside of wheels the inner diameter decreases toward the face? You can use 3mm spacers on stock studs. I wouldn't recomend any thicker.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
T78supra said:

Jay, you running the Tilton this year?
Hmmm...stay tuned - I got some surprises for you all :D Should be all set my March...ready for TX!

Jay

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
tripp 97tt said:

Tripp

im down, hopefully ill have some BFG Drags this year.

-Brett

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is there a nice wheel that i wont need spacers?with spacers will the studs still have enough sthrengh?i want to keep it simple.any pics of what u guys are runnin?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
You could always convert to NA rear brakes which would eliminate the need for spacers (my setup:D )

Andrew

·
Registered
133 Posts
bad94sup said:
You could always convert to NA rear brakes which would eliminate the need for spacers (my setup:D )

Andrew
is the n/a brakes same as jdm supra tt 2 pot caliper brakes.
uk spec supra tt brakes are larger than jdm cars.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im lookin for the simple way to fit the rims. i want my tt brakes to stay there and find a rim that will clear.

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
2003 Mustang 6cyl rims ( they are polished 5 star) fit right on perfectly with the turbo brakes. Clears everything .no mods required. Just bolt right on and i believe they are 16 x 9. Just so you guys know :) Can run 26 x 11.5 et street.

Tony

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
2003 Mustang 6cyl rims ( they are polished 5 star) fit right on perfectly with the turbo brakes. Clears everything .no mods required. Just bolt right on and i believe they are 16 x 9. Just so you guys know :) Can run 26 x 11.5 et street.

Tony
Very impressive time you have listed :) Do you mind sharing if your using this set-up? What were you using to run the 10.0 run? TIA

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Silver Bullet said:

Tony
good lookin tony.again u come to help me out .thanks to some of your tips i was able to reach a near new record on twins.[see sig] ill look into those rustang rims,i mean mustang rims and add some spray this year and hope to see deep tens.thanks again.:D

B

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know how heavy the mustang rims are compared to Supra rims?? Any will any other year mustang rims fit for the MKIV Supra, besides the 03 6cyl rims??

Silver Bullet said:

Tony

1 - 20 of 26 Posts