Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a stall converter for my mkiv....but don't which one...SP makes a 3200, and a 4000 my car is bpu now, but plan on doing lots more, but keeping stock turbos most likely, is 4000 too much?? will eather effect regular around town driving?? this car is a daily driver, and would like to still be able to cruise around, and enjoy the car for more than just drag racing....I am installing a brand new jap-spec auto tranny which is supposed to be great....I have a 93.5, adn apparently the 93-96 trannys are garbage, then the 97+'s have mych better internals, but this one is factory Toyota, but I guess Toyota upgraded again and the new auto tranny is even more imprvoed, and I want a good converter on here......I know not to ever buy from level 10...yikes...but any advice would be appreciated......also what are the performance gains from these??? 1/2 sec. 3/4 sec????

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I have a 2800 stall w/ my stock twins. I think its great and very streetable, I wouldn't go any higher than that unless you have a single or are planning on installing one soon, or if you are just a hard core drag racer and won't be driving on the street much.

I pull consistent low 1.8sec 60' times on street tires, and I think that's about as good as you're going to get w/ out Drag Radials or Slicks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts