and the 6 puck rated at 500+ tq costs $509

using stock flywheel

thanks

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
michaelvanle said:
I guess my money'd be on the 6 puck :dunno: . That's what I have and it only slipped once when I was boosting 22lbs.

isnt the 6 puck good for 550 tq though. how much did you make at 22 pounds.

·
11,221 Posts
I dunno, prob mid to upper 400's? Why would you even consider the street disk? Just plan ahead so when you make more power, you don't have to reupgrade the clutch.

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
michaelvanle said:
I dunno, prob mid to upper 400's? Why would you even consider the street disk? Just plan ahead so when you make more power, you don't have to reupgrade the clutch.

yeah true. im getting the rps 6 puck with max pressure plate. is that the one you have?

·
11,221 Posts
Yup Max pp w/ 6 puck disk. I heard the stock fw will give the aftermarket clutches better longevity, so I went back to a stock fw too :)

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
how is the chatter on the 6 puck clutches??? is it streetable over the the RPS Max Street disc?

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
RPS MAX clutch with street disc : really nice clutch ! Running over 20 lbs, no problem here...

·
Registered
295 Posts
lelou21 said:
RPS MAX clutch with street disc : really nice clutch ! Running over 20 lbs, no problem here...
Same setup. Putting down 420rwhp and no problems so far. I would recommend this clutch to anyone with a NA-T.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Im now in the market for a RPS MAX w/ street disc or 6-puck. i hear the 6 puck is harsher on the flywheels.

Is it better to go with sprung or unsprung disks mated to OEM flywheel???

·
Registered
132 Posts
my max w/street disc has not lasted very long and if your planning on doing over 450whp just get the best clutch you can find. don't skimp. try to see if you can get rps to release the transmission crusher ( aka triple carbon for the 5 speed ) and buy it :) never replace your clutch again......just have a plethara of trannies layin around hahaha... yay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts