Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Wheelhophobia?
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the idea of the BD short shifter but can't find one anywhere. How's the B&M short shifter??? Anyone have a problem with it (the 6th/reverse)? Breaking or bending??

B

·
0 Posts
Hua said:
B&M breaks. Get the C's Short Shifter if you can find it, about $300.

B&M doesnt break if you get version 2!

its cheaper than c's and works the same if not better

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
b&m version 2 is the only one that they sell now (i think) wherever you find the shifter, it should be the version 2. i think its like $195

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,490 Posts
I roll with a C's and its very tight. Clicks when your in gear...its nice as hell. I don't know about the B&M ones as I heard they broke however they have remidied that problem in V 2 so I hear. Still I'll keep my C's

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
My first B&M broke off in my hand, hopefully the new lasts. Can't really tell a difference between the two unless my other one was a V2 also.

·
Registered
397 Posts
yeah i do believe that the first B&M was made out of white metal and the second is made out of aluminum
but the C's and the B&M are about the same just the C's is a little more expensive
but yet it all depends on what you do with it, hense whether you drag race or road race is what you should make your choice upon
i would choose B&M for drag racing though

:devil:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My first B&M broke too. I kinda like the notchy feel when I shift, however, it does have a tendancy to not like recentering when my car gets hot. I asked around and others with B&M's have mentioned something similar. I'm not sure if everyone has this issue or not but it's something to consider. I might go back to the stock 93 shifter myself.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the Stillway 0-400 shifter and love it. It has a great feel for everyday driving. the lockout works great for the track and it also works great at a show or just letting people around the car since you can just lock it in the 3-4 and pull the shift boot up and people can't move it and try to play with the gears.

Scott

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anyone actually have the "V2" B&M shifter? I want to see if it is any better. Also, does anyone have any pictures of one installed? Thanks.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
you were smart...all this time ;) brand new oem 93-95 shifter...less than $100.00. throw is same as b&M and it's time tested...never tried c's

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I had the B&M V1 and it broke years ago. I got a warranty replacement V2 and have been using it for probably 4 years with no probs. I got a chance to compare the shift feel (well at least in a parking lot) of the C's vs B&M and I think the B&M holds up well and is much cheaper.

Beware of V1s that might be floating out there though, I happened to be cruising down an onramp when mine broke in my hand, could have been pure hell if I had been road racing..... ohnoes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts