Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 'm performing m swap over the next two weekends and wanted to make sure I have everything that i am going to need. My question is which fan shroud do i need? I have read some things saying to get the TT upper shroud, but the little helper fan or fans won't work because there is no plug for them on the N/A fuse box harness. I have also read that some one said to just use the N/A shroud with the TT clutch fan. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also I tried searching but found no solid answer.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Ok 'm performing m swap over the next two weekends and wanted to make sure I have everything that i am going to need. My question is which fan shroud do i need? I have read some things saying to get the TT upper shroud, but the little helper fan or fans won't work because there is no plug for them on the N/A fuse box harness. I have also read that some one said to just use the N/A shroud with the TT clutch fan. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also I tried searching but found no solid answer.
would like to know this as well....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I used the na fan shroud with the tt fan clutch and na fan(although I had to use 1/2 spacers to move the fan out far enough, The na fan clutch is thicker than the tt one that I bought). I think if you used the na fan clutch as well you would be fine. As long as you use the na motor mount brackets from your na block it will put the water pump in the same spot as it was when the na motor was there. After all they are the same block and the water pump bolts up to the block.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I had both the TT and NA fan CLUTCH out and in front of me just a few weeks ago. As far as I could tell they are exactly the same. The TT clutch will look thicker at first glance while the plastic fan is attached, but when you remove it you should notice they are the same size, shape, etc.. The difference between how the TT and NA fans sit is caused by the different casting of the plastic fan itself.

I know this because I had to pull the fan off my TT car because my NA plastic fan was hitting some allen bolts on the ATI crank damper and I didn't want to hack the fan up to make it work. I attached the TT plastic fan onto the NA clutch and in the process compared the two. Purchased a new fan for my TT car as well and they are NOT cheap. If you can find someone with a TT going to electric fans grab it from them cheap.

Also, I would use the NA shroud if you can not use the axillary fans. That way the air will be forced to go to the big main fan instead of possibly leaking through the openings and not being forced into the engine bay.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
I had both the TT and NA fan CLUTCH out and in front of me just a few weeks ago. As far as I could tell they are exactly the same. The TT clutch will look thicker at first glance while the plastic fan is attached, but when you remove it you should notice they are the same size, shape, etc.. The difference between how the TT and NA fans sit is caused by the different casting of the plastic fan itself.

I know this because I had to pull the fan off my TT car because my NA plastic fan was hitting some allen bolts on the ATI crank damper and I didn't want to hack the fan up to make it work. I attached the TT plastic fan onto the NA clutch and in the process compared the two. Purchased a new fan for my TT car as well and they are NOT cheap. If you can find someone with a TT going to electric fans grab it from them cheap.

Also, I would use the NA shroud if you can not use the axillary fans. That way the air will be forced to go to the big main fan instead of possibly leaking through the openings and not being forced into the engine bay.

Thats good to hear so all we really need is the TT fan.

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Supra TRD Widebody
22 Posts
Bump. (10yrs Later)

Just to be clear.

On NA 2JZ Block I should use the following:

NA Fan Shroud
NA Clutch
TT Fan Blade

Since the TT fan blade sits apparently closer to the Radiator with this set up, will this cause any issues with a thicker radiator for example the Mishimoto 3 Row? Also does this interfere with the Radiator Hoses (top/bottom) on the NA 2JZ Block? Also is it better to run the TT fan blade, what's the benefit?

I'm swapping from e-Fans to Clutch Fan do to overheating issues at stand still in traffic & red lights.

96 Supra NA-T

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,096 Posts
i have a 94 NA-T using the NA components (NA water pump, NA fan clutch, NA fan blades, and NA shroud) with a Koyo race radiator and have no clearance or overheating issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts