Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best all around, in turms of lag, hp, drivability, ect..... and was is good usable number for a auto car...

·
0 Posts
Kerr,

I'd have to say the best all around single turbo for an automatic is the SP63. With a .58 housing, on stock fuel, my car made 513 RWHP (through a 3800 stall TC). With the .70 housing and the SP fuel system (still no front mount intercooler) it made 566 RWHP/530 TQ, and still had some room left (the air/fuel was still 11.5:1 even at 27 psi).

The SP63 with the .58 housing hit positive boost almost as quickly as the stock twins and will hit full boost well in advance of the stock twins. The power output is linear, it's very drivable and it's a blast. If you upgrade the fuel system, all you have to do is get a bigger exhaust housing. No need to change turbos. That's why I chose it over the SP57 and SP60. You have to watch your boost while you're on stock fuel, because a 63 CAN make more power than the stock fuel system can keep up with. I don't think you have that same problem withe 57 and 60. I think they run out of steam before the stock fuel system does. But as long as you're disciplined with the boost controller, I'd have to say the SP63 is the best turbo out there for an automatic.

Mark, SP63, SP fuel, etc.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
T76bb with a big stall...call it a day.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just changed to a SP60, cant wait to see how she feels and spools compared to my t78...I think after fuel system, I am going to try a T66 w/ a .58 a/r. I think this would also be a very good spooling turbo and make around 550-600rwhp.
SH

·
MultiColored Member
375 Posts
Hey Scott,
after your done would you give me
a ride if i happen to be in ft.collins sometime in
the future?!?
Jay, how does the 4kstall work on the street.
I have a 2800stall and it works ok.
I'm trying to imagine what a 4k stall would be like.
How would the sp70 work?
Thanks!
Peace,
jc

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
jc said:

Jay, how does the 4kstall work on the street.
I have a 2800stall and it works ok.
I'm trying to imagine what a 4k stall would be like.
How would the sp70 work?
Thanks!
Peace,
jc

JC - well, the 4k stall....works. "revvy" is a good word to describe it, but after a few days - I got use to it. Pulling away from stop signs/lights is the only time it really makes itself known. Stomp on the gas, and I get an instant (what seems to be instant) 3500 rpms and it's pulling to 4k in a heartbeat.

With the stall, I can spin street tires w/o power braking and some power braking to the equation and...seriously...the T76 spools remarkable fast (lots of smoke and spin on street tires!).

Granted, my last Supra had a T88/6spd, so I've never been in a "small single" car - but the T76/auto is working pretty well.

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts