Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My search function does not seem to be available at the moment, my apologies in advance.

Any suggestions / preferences on lowering springs for my 89 7mgte?
I've got tems, new tokicos coming soon for it and would like to fill in the gap a little, not a huge drop since ride quality is important to me.

Intrax / Eibach Prokits / Tanabe are what I see so far for ~$200 a set.

Thanks!

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
My search function does not seem to be available at the moment, my apologies in advance.

Any suggestions / preferences on lowering springs for my 89 7mgte?
I've got tems, new tokicos coming soon for it and would like to fill in the gap a little, not a huge drop since ride quality is important to me.

Intrax / Eibach Prokits / Tanabe are what I see so far for ~$200 a set.

Thanks!
Only had experience with eibach and h&rs with the tokico combination. Eibachs are nice, H&Rs are too bouncy with tokicos, they might be better with another shock. I don't know anyone with intrax or Tanabe springs unfortunatly.

·
Will my Supra ever run?!!
276 Posts
I had a set of H&Rs sag on me a while back. This was a LONG time ago (about 7 years), so I don't know how things are now. I had a set of Eibachs with Tokicos on my 95 DSM, and I LOVED it! Those with 17s made the car feel like it was on rails, but it wasn't harsh to drive.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Does anybody have any input or pics on the b&g springs with illuminas. On hpf it says 1.6in all around. Im lookin to fill the space between my 17in. tire and wheel well. Just wondering if that comes close to my goal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the input guys - certain mod didn't like my jokes i guess and i had to replicate, haha.

Looks like I'm going with Eibach!

·
Registered
147 Posts
my votes on eibach, got them used for around 100$ for the set. I wish they were a bit lower though, but if i had a lip it would be destroyed.

quick edit : i had a set of ST springs, they're on my other supra right now. For the money I say its pretty good, cheapest place to buy them is at JCwhitney

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
ST's are by far the best spring on the market (that I have tested so far) for our cars because:

A) They offer a tasteful drop that looks GREAT without making you too low. They're still low enough however that if you don't take the speed bumps right, you'll drag any 3" or larger exhaust. The point= They're low, but not TOO low, and any lower can be a pain.

B) Unlike other springs on the market, they are linear rate- meaning that they do not increase is stiffness suddenly as they compress. They are firm from the start and have predictable response in turns and braking. They are only slightly firmer than stock and have NO bounce on healthy stock or aftermarket shocks. They offer a very smooth yet firm, and predictable handling.

C) Because they are linear and cold wound, they do not sag. (Lower more over time until they must be replaced). H&R's and Eibach's both have probems with sagging over time.

D) H&R's are too low. Eibachs are too soft, bouncy and provide poor control during spirited cornering.

Pic of my old 90T w/ ST springs:

^^^ It's a little lower than it looks. Use the fender gap with 91 5-spokes and stock tire size as reference. It handled VERY well with those springs.

I just ordered a set of Intrax springs for my 91T because they were dirty cheap, and I ws curious. They are could wound progressive rate springs (soft at full hight for smooth ride, but stiffen as they compress). Compared to the Eibachs 343-628lb/126-257lb F/R spring rates, the Intrax are 700lb/220 spring rate with a 1.6/1.3 drop F/R, slightly lower and stiffer than the Eibachs. I'm setting my car up for track use but still comfortable enough to drive to work, so my standards for suspension may be a little more strict. I'll let you guys know what I think of these springs after I've tried them. So far, if you want a spring, get ST's. The only thing better is a full coil-over. Stock Twin-Turbo R springs are nice too.

Collin

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
I've been using Eibachs and Konis for awhile now, and they have been great for me. The Konis are adjustable, but I have not adjusted them past the factory setting which is the softest setting. The combination looks aggressive, and handles very well to me. I feel a greater since of control through corners and handles very nicely. Keep in mind that I was switching from the stock 16 year old suspension in which I lost control of my car:(. So take this with a grain of salt.

What I don't like is that from a 3/4 view of the front of the car, the ass end seems to sit too high for my liking. But from the back the car looks very nice. Another con is that I can feel everything on the road, but I expected that with this setup. Doesn't really bother me as I want to be reminded I am driving a sports/gt car, but I could see how this may hinder others from selecting it. If you would like to see pics of this setup on my car look at my build thread pics.

Hey Collin that stance looks awesome on the red car, do you have any more pics of that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts