Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here's the deal. I have a couple options open to me for some cheap sub purchases. I will list them in order of how I am considering them, and I would like feedback asap. If you have any other suggestions that fall into the listed price range ($150.00 or less), let me have 'em.

1) 3 10" Kicker XPL's

2) 1 PPI Pro 12" (the flat piston design)

3) 2 12" Kicker Comps

4) 2 JL Audio 10W5's

So there you have it. Please let me know if you think any of these are good ideas or not, and why. Again, also let me know of any other ideas you have.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Hmmm, really need to know what amp you are planning on using and where it makes max power at, also what ohm rating for the speakers are you going for? If you are going with an amp that makes max power at 1ohm, I would go with the 3 kicker xpl's (single voice coil 4ohm) and wire parallel. If you are getting an amp that makes max power at 2ohms I would get the 2 kicker comps or the 2 JL's (also single voice coil 4ohm) and wire parallel. If you are going with a pair, you can still get dual voice coils, just wire the coils in parallel and stereo the subs for a 2ohm load. There are a ton of options really, just need to pick the right amp to go with the subs and vice versa. Good luck!

S

·
0 Posts
heres my setup I love it ... not to spendy either

Head Premier 400 series (got it cheap prolly "borrowed")
All stock speaker replced by previous owner not too sure what series but there pioneer
Sub - JL 10w5 (Me likes best sub out of all my friends)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bigthumb:Well, I ended up getting the PPI. Should work fine for my situation. Price was right, and I would like to keep some of my trunk space. Anyway, thank you all for your help and suggestions. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay all, here's the NEW deal. Now that I have the PPI 12", I need a box to put it in. I'm looking for any suggestions. I'm looking for a tight, accurate bass, and was considering a small sealed box. Please give me any and all suggestions you have. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts