Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting in a single 10" or 12" subwoofer in to my Diamante. I am not looking for extreme SPL or bass... I just want something with great sound quaity.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
JL 10w6v2.

Very nice all around sub. It will bang if you need it to bang, too. :bigok:

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
JL 10W7 great sound quality and still some thumping bass, not to ridiculously excessive though. My Personal Fav...but I'm also a little partial :)

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats one of the subs I had in mind. The amp I think that will be used is a Zapco 500

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to put a system together for $1,500 not including install! :) Zapco 100x4 amp $659, JL Audio 10W6v2, and perhaps some Dynaudio front stage. I am so out of the car audio scene I've got no clue what is nice and whats not now.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
JL AUDIO 500/1 amp will do just fine for the w6. I love my setup. :bigok:

·
1,924 Posts
^agreed, the JL 500/1 is a great match up for either the W6 or the W7

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
RE SX for sub
1000rms @ 1 ohm amp (I'm not too picky on that)
Dynaudio comps are fine but I'd look into CDT
Custom built enclosure ported and tuned low

·
1,924 Posts
W7 > Re Sx > L7

;)

It's a never ending war, but it's kinda fun

*Note* Do Not Ask for "The Best" because there is not ONE answer, each person has their own idea of what the best is because of personal experience.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Justin said:
why.

I'm not doubting, I just want to know why :)
Better sound quality (the L7 is known for lousy SQ, it's more of an SPL burper) higher excursion and higher displacements which means more linear undistorted output and lower octave output. Among other things...basically the L7 is a great SPL woofer if you want to meter high, but if you want to listen to music the other woofers listed (including the two JL's) would be MUCH MUCH better options.

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lame question, wtf is 'RE'? I've never heard that brand before. I was looking at the IDQ Subs, and JL Subs... tough choices. I've decided on a Zapco amp which does 150x4... 150x2 to fronts, and bridging the other 2 channels to 1 for sub.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
RE=Resonant Engineering. Not a mainstream company like JL, Rockford, ID, Eclipse. But thier subs are incredible and for the dollar will match anything any of the big names can put out. I got one of thier 15" XXX in my Z and it will hit just as hard and clear if not harder and clearer then a W7 and for about 300 dollars less. Another good choice would be a Adie Audio Brahama. It shares the same motor as the XXX.

·
Nynex Phreak
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I am not looking for overwelming bass, and thats what I think of ASAP when I think of 15's. :) I've been checking out the Brahma for sometime now... I think they just came out with a new version but it is somewhat pricey. I'm sure I could get it if it's worth the value. Thanks for the direction.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just put a 12" infinity kappa perfect in my car and im powering it with a 600w kenwood amp and it is more than enough bass. its clean bass and you dont get any distortion when you tunr it up. i picked mine up for $100 on ebay.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts