Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I live in Sweden and it is real hard for me to test some things about the Supra TT since there arent many around and there is not one stinking company which have parts for it to : ( So I'm handing me to your expertise "over there"...

I have a RMM downpipe on my car and thats about it, oh, I also ordered a Blitz Turbo Timer, Apexi EL Boost Gauge, Apexi EGT Gauge, Greddy BCC, Greddy Profec B and a HKS SS BOV...

Now it is time for the exhaust part, it is very important for me that the car sounds a lot and the finish is good on the exhaust.

The question for you is: What exhaust gflows for most power and sounds loudest? I mean, I want a exhaust that sets of car alarms and looks big and bad : )
Or should I just let a company here build one for me with 4" piping and decide how I want it to look like.
I want to stay below 1K though...

Thanx in advance for your time guys...

Jiray Seropian
Supra TT -94 6-Speed

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The baddest exhaust there is, is the HKS Titanium. The can is made of titanium and the piping is polished stainless steel, 4" diameter.

However ATR also makes a loud exhaust but subtle looking tip on the can. Marcus Frost has this exhaust and he is one person that won't buy a crap product.

The HKS Ti is $1150 USD. You can just buy the HKS Ti muffler and have your local shop do the 4" piping if you wish.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badmuthrfkr said:
The baddest exhaust there is, is the HKS Titanium. The can is made of titanium and the piping is polished stainless steel, 4" diameter.

However ATR also makes a loud exhaust but subtle looking tip on the can. Marcus Frost has this exhaust and he is one person that won't buy a crap product.

The HKS Ti is $1150 USD. You can just buy the HKS Ti muffler and have your local shop do the 4" piping if you wish.
Thanx for the fast answer!

But what is the difference on the HKS Ti muffler and a custombuilt one in stainless steel, 1150$ for me will be that price plus VAT, shipping and the high dollar... Probably be around 1600$ here in Sweden : (

Does anyone have pics or soundfiles on some loud exhausts?

Once again, thank you...

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Slowpoke said:

Thanx for the fast answer!

But what is the difference on the HKS Ti muffler and a custombuilt one in stainless steel, 1150$ for me will be that price plus VAT, shipping and the high dollar... Probably be around 1600$ here in Sweden : (

Does anyone have pics or soundfiles on some loud exhausts?

Once again, thank you...
Nothing much except the the titanium canister. If you buy the full HKS Ti exhaust, it also detatches in sections for racing use. If you don't ever plan to detach anything, just get a custom stainless piping made and buy a can of your choice.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A lot of people consider the Tanabe Racing Medallion to be one of the loudest/meanest sounding Supra exhausts. Horserpowerfreaks.com has it for $599.

Also go to MKIV.com. Tech articles. In the exhaust section are recorded exhaust sounds. And they also will have pics of various exhaust systems.

·
Registered
126 Posts
HKS Titanium

I have the HKS Titanium on my car, and I absolutely love it. It makes the car sound mean as hell. Very deep and pretty loud.
At idle it has a nice deep rumble to it, but at WOT it has a airy scream. My neighbors hate it. Especially when I turn down the street and head for home.:D The only problem I have had with it is that it like to drag sometimes, it wasnt as bad as I expected but you have to be a little more careful.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Jiray,

Great, another European MKIV owner!

You might want to consider the HKS Hiper Carbon. It is about $800 and looks very cool with the titanium tip and carbon muffler. It has 95mm s/s piping. It is loud as hell, even more so than the Blitz Nur Spec I got before (The Blitz is for sale if you're interested).

Flavio

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here is a pretty good chart of exhausts from quietest to loudest:

Greddy SP/BL
Tanabe G Power Medallion
HKS Super Drager
Apex GT Spec
Greddy Power Extreme
Apex N1
Blitz Nur Spec
Tanabe Racing Medallion
HKS Ti exhaust

There's been talk about the ATR, which I've never heard so put it where you think it belongs.

Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm... so thte Apexi GT spec is more quiet then the N1 or the blitz.. hmm intersting...

is this true?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same want in an exhaust - it had to look nice but be loud and sound mean. After listening to various Supra exhausts, I settled on the HKS Super Dragger. Given your price constraint, I believe that this exhaust is the loudest/meanest sounding for under $1K.

Mike

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
badmuthrfkr said:

The HKS Ti is 4" piping all the way through.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
i just traded my racing medalion for an n1 plus cash. im gonna head to a exhaust/muffler shop sometime maybe next week and have the resonator cut out and have a strait pipe welded in its place. i really like the look of the n1 style exhaust, and with the resonator removed it should be pretty loud:)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have the Tanabe Racing Medalion on my BPU and have heard the HKS Titanium on 3 other supras 2 BPU and 1 Single. They both are the loudest exhausts and the ONLY difference in sound between them is that the T.R.M. is a slightly more bassy(deeper) than the HKS Ti. Personally I like a more deeper sound so go with what you perfer.

P.S. These exhaust get louder with single turbos.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, which exhaust do you recommend then, which is the loudest one and most agressive looking for, let say about 1K?

This is hard huh : )

Thanx in advance guys!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gritsak said:
i just traded my racing medalion for an n1 plus cash. im gonna head to a exhaust/muffler shop sometime maybe next week and have the resonator cut out and have a strait pipe welded in its place. i really like the look of the n1 style exhaust, and with the resonator removed it should be pretty loud:)
You traded your RM for the N1 and cash? The RM is 200 more then the N1!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slowpoke said:
So, which exhaust do you recommend then, which is the loudest one and most agressive looking for, let say about 1K?

This is hard huh : )

Thanx in advance guys!
Get the HKS Ti. I have the Tanabe Racing Medalion and my friend has the HKS Ti. The Ti is 1 to 2 tones louder then the RM. And like I said before, the Ti has 4" piping, no other exhaust comes with piping that big and polished. Also the Ti has the straightest design, you can look through one end and see out the other.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1SLOWSupra said:

Get the HKS Ti. I have the Tanabe Racing Medalion and my friend has the HKS Ti. The Ti is 1 to 2 tones louder then the RM. And like I said before, the Ti has 4" piping, no other exhaust comes with piping that big and polished. Also the Ti has the straightest design, you can look through one end and see out the other.
The problem just is that I live in Sweden, and HKS Ti will cost me approx 1600$ shipped in total :mad:

So, the thing I want to know is, is the N1 louder than the GT Spec? And is the T.R.M. ugly, I have never seen it in person because we only have about 25 Supras in Sweden...

Thanx again guys...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts